• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dusk Special Edition Is Now Here!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay friends, our new man is going to be made available shortly. We're very very close now. In fact Dusk SE has been submitted to beta a day ago. Final images are being put together by our very talented good friend Virtual World. If you remember Virtual World created the texture maps for our beloved Dawn SE, and the original Dusk. So, it's only fitting that she created these gorgeous maps especially for Dusk SE.

Here are a couple of preview images of your new man from HiveWire. We will most likely be posting another image before the big release.

Please find comfort that the original Dusk shape and his texture map will still be available with Dusk SE. Any previous Dusk shapes, textures, hair, clothing, and characters for Dusk, will work properly and with Dusk SE.

I've created the main shaping of our new Dusk SE with the previous robust morphs that have been created for Dusk over the 2 years of his existence. I've applied morphs to his brows, cheeks, facial bones, nose, lips, areas around the eyes, and chin in varying degrees. I've also created a new forehead morph that slopes his new forehead back just a bit. I think he looks more natural.

As far as the body goes on our/your new man, here's what shaping I've done. Right off the bat, you should notice smaller and more natural pectoral (chest) muscles. His abdominal area is softer, and abs a bit wider. I've changed his navel shape, and that's about it. His shoulders, arms, hands, legs, feet, back, and gluts are still the same. So mainly just the chest and abs have been worked over as far as the body goes. Nothing new or changed to the rigging, because that is already solid.

Virtual World has added a short hair option with her texture maps, as well as a short goatee facial hair option. She also has created eight new eye color options. She specifically added in short chest and body hair as not to be overpowering or distracting.

Also know that our Paul Lessard, has created the long requested projection templates for DAZ Studio. Yay! Sure to be a hit among content creators.

We hope you'll enjoy this new look for Dusk SE. Perhaps you'll even feel now that he's an improved version, as we've tried to incorporate requests from those of you that have cared to share your input.

Dusk SE will follow our tradition we've created for Dawn SE. That being, Dusk will no longer be made available for free download when Dusk SE is released. The original Dusk will only be made available as part of the new Dusk SE product. Dusk SE will be released as a "pay for" product.

Please continue to support HiveWire, and our efforts to create solid figure options for this community. We are the only company that is providing core figure products natively in Poser and DAZ Studio.

We thank you so much for your support, love, and caring of what we're striving to do and create together with all of you.

FP-OldNewCombo.jpg
FP-Portrait 1.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow, what a GREAT improvement!

I love his eye shape and the new mouth!

Of course, the textures are stunning too!!!!!!!!!

Best male hair I've seen in a long time, too!

Oh, I'm excited!!!!!!

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm at all. Because what you've said here is awesome and appreciated. But... the hairstyle that Virtual World has included on Dusk SE is not part of the Dusk SE product. I don't know where she came up with it.

The hairstyle that I was hoping would be available for Dusk SE, was the Ponytail that I modeled some time ago now. But we weren't able to have it completely ready for the Dusk SE release to come. But unlike the Dawn SE, Dusk SE product will still come with the original Dusk quality original texture map. So, although Dusk SE won't come with a new hairstyle, he will have 2 high quality texture maps with many options.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OMG , HE'S HOT!!!!!!!!!!! wow.... wow... WOW..... WOWWWWEEEE! I mean..... what more CAN I say?!?! *picks drool-wet chin up off the desk*....sigh... :)

But I WOULD like to know what hair she did use as I soooo want this rather Superman-isk hair... whatever model is it, sure fits him well!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
But I WOULD like to know what hair she did use as I soooo want this rather Superman-isk hair... whatever model is it, sure fits him well!

That is Alexios hair from 3Dream. I have that one and use it often. :)

@Chris and @CG Cubed - He looks great! And thank you SO MUCH for the projection templates! Can't wait for him to come out! :D

I'm loving both the textures AND the new shaping on his face. Thank you!! :happyflip::snoopydance:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOOT! WOOT!! WOOT!!! Oh, and I have the Alexios Hair too. :D

~where is Alisa with the smelling salts when I need it~

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Going to show you some of the differences with the original Dusk, and the shaping of the new Dusk SE. Here are a few screen grabs to show comparison images of the mesh, without the gorgeous map work. I've been leaking some of the Dusk SE screen grabs in the Ruckus thread, just to see if anyone would notice any differences, but I think the armor was the focal point.

Cake without the icing. Cookies without the cream. Here ya go. Dusk original on the left of each pairing, and Dusk SE on the right.

DuskSE1.JPG
DuskSE2.JPG
DuskSE5.JPG
DuskSE6.JPG
DuskSE9.JPG
DuskSE10.JPG
DuskSE11.JPG
DuskSE12.JPG
DuskSE13.JPG
DuskSE14.JPG
DuskSE15.JPG
DuskSE16.JPG
DuskSE17.JPG
DuskSE18.JPG

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm at all. Because what you've said here is awesome and appreciated. But... the hairstyle that Virtual World has included on Dusk SE is not part of the Dusk SE product. I don't know where she came up with it.

The hairstyle that I was hoping would be available for Dusk SE, was the Ponytail that I modeled some time ago now. But we weren't able to have it completely ready for the Dusk SE release to come. But unlike the Dawn SE, Dusk SE product will still come with the original Dusk quality original texture map. So, although Dusk SE won't come with a new hairstyle, he will have 2 high quality texture maps with many options.

Ahhh, well, he still looks great and I am loving the changes! Clearly, I love working with the original Dusk :)-)) and am going to enjoy the new and improved version too.

Darryl

Adventurous
Much better, he looks more realistic now. Just so I understand, is the new Dusk a morph of the original or is this now the look of the unmorphed base figure? Will the previous face and body morphs you've released still work without issue?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just so I understand, is the new Dusk a morph of the original or is this now the look of the unmorphed base figure?

This is now the look of the unmorphed base figure . The ORIGINAL figure head and body are morphs in Dusk SE.

Will the previous face and body morphs you've released still work without issue?

Yes, ALL previous morphs will work - character morphs will look a bit different on the Dusk SE Base, but by dialing up the Dusk head and/or Body morph, it will look just like it did with the original Dusk, so you actually get MORE options now :)

Darryl

Adventurous
This is now the look of the unmorphed base figure . The ORIGINAL figure head and body are morphs in Dusk SE.

Yes, ALL previous morphs will work - character morphs will look a bit different on the Dusk SE Base, but by dialing up the Dusk head and/or Body morph, it will look just like it did with the original Dusk, so you actually get MORE options now :)
Sounds good. Great work!