• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
For people traveling with kids, there are individual dvd players or Ipad/Kindle holders that fold down from the seats, could do that on a bunk bed, too. So everyone has their own, with wireless headphones.

Hornet3d

Wise
She let the crash team deal with him while she quickly changed into her med-aid volunteer uniform knowing this would give her more privileges than would otherwise be the case. The downside of being a med-aid vol was that she was all too well aware of all the possible outcomes, most of which were distressing to even think of. She pushed such thoughts to the back of her mind, one step at a time, he was in the med bay and still live.

Med Room.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
And was actually one of the better episodes! So good they brought him back. I loved Diana Muldaur speaking of how she was fine other than being stuffed with crumpets.

With apologies to Harry Turtledove and the Road Not Taken.
That road is something I've dealt with in my own stories. It's also something that is already dealt with here. On Earth. Now. Only English speaking countries use the qwerty keyboard. If you are living in Korea or Japan, your keyboard looks completely different. It's best to create your own alphabet as a template for any scene that includes a typewriter or word processor (ancient printing devices from the last century) and tell the story in English the way you are doing. It also relates to the area's that uses
technology based on where they are. Galactic Homesteaders colonizing a planet would have limited resources and tech while a city on an advanced world and with an advanced navy would have all the comforts of home within limits. How many of us have a TV in every room now? While Star Trek included individual staterooms for the crew, your vessel looks like it was built solely for combat and not exploration. Thus the stacked bunks in a space barracks setting. It fits Hornet. Some ships are going to have a common area with a TV and maybe a pool table. Others, as I said, will have all the comforts of home. I don't know the story in your head. But I know you are acquainted with every member of that crew and are only limited in time until you get around to all of them. No one knows your characters as well as you do. Ahem. What is the name of "the nurse" and is that a tattoo?

Much love going out to Gadget Girl! When I was in we didn't have email so bandwidth wasn't a problem. But then...I'm older than Email!

She goes by the name of Caoimhe, an Irish name which Wikipedia suggests should be pronounced 'Quee-va' or Keeva, it means "beautiful", "gentle" or "precious". She is not a nurse but does volunteer for duty in the med-unit in what spare time she has. Her working life is very different which leads on nicely to the tattoo, or implant.

Caoimhe is part of a group or soul seekers who do exactly that, they seek the souls of those departed so that they may be preserved. The participation of this order is via inheritance and is not an honor that can be bestowed which is why the marking is portrayed as it is rather than a tattoo that could be copied by anyone. The order dates back many centuries but over time the group have been nicknamed 'Deathstalkers' due to the nature of their work, coincidentally there is a scorpion by the same name, hence the representation of the implant. Strangely the implant should only be visible to someone who can trace their blood line back a member of this select group. This being the case, it is either not working or you are related in some way.

Hornet3d

Wise
For people traveling with kids, there are individual dvd players or Ipad/Kindle holders that fold down from the seats, could do that on a bunk bed, too. So everyone has their own, with wireless headphones.

A very valid observation of what is already commonplace and therefore it is not unreasonable to use as a basis for the future. It is one of the reasons I have difficulty imagining the keyboard continuing as so much today is already touchscreen. Indeed the introduction of the smart home products which have moved voice recognition on to a point where it is a feasible option also implies the keyboard days may be numbered. The trouble with that is, how do you portray voice recognition in a single render, the keyboard is a much more physical and thus easier to pin down.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't do touch screens, even on my tablet, so keyboards will always be in my tech retinue.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If you look at shows like NCIS LA and others they already use touch screen and holo type simulations.

Also for many they use voice commands with phones and other mobile smart tech. For older people like myself touch screens will never give them the precision that a mouse, stylus or a keyboard will, but younger people don't seem to have the same problems or issues.

I think if you need to do a lot of writing or coding a keyboard will always be an option but for many it will become unneccesary.

I have even seen tech that's still in development where they use sensors and the brain gives the commands. It's in the very basic stages but there is some amazing stuff out there.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't do touch screens, even on my tablet, so keyboards will always be in my tech retinue.

If you look at shows like NCIS LA and others they already use touch screen and holo type simulations.

Also for many they use voice commands with phones and other mobile smart tech. For older people like myself touch screens will never give them the precision that a mouse, stylus or a keyboard will, but younger people don't seem to have the same problems or issues.

I think if you need to do a lot of writing or coding a keyboard will always be an option but for many it will become unneccesary.

I have even seen tech that's still in development where they use sensors and the brain gives the commands. It's in the very basic stages but there is some amazing stuff out there.

Don't get me wrong, for me a touchscreen will never replace the keyboard and for Poser the combination of a keyboard and 3d mouse is just about perfect. I just think that in a few generations this may not be the case but there are so many possibilities what will come about is anyone guess but in sci-fi terms I don't see the keyboard really gels that well, but it is a very personal view.

Hornet3d

Wise
In the last few months I have started using a couple of echo dots in the home thinking it would just be a gimmick I have to say though I am impressed the voice recognition which needs no training and it understands both my wife and myself with ease. I now find myself using it not only to control the both the electric and gas heating around the home but also for weather forecasts, news updates, conversions, diary, music, timers, alarms, the list goes on. No real surprise I guess as I am a bit of a nerd but I am amazed that my wife has taken to it like a duck to water and she is no nerd at all. To me it just highlights how technology can change so when I see sci-fi content which includes items of today which are basically unchanged it just makes me wonder.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
For older people like myself touch screens will never give them the precision that a mouse, stylus or a keyboard will, but younger people don't seem to have the same problems or issues.
I can agree. The only time I don't use the bluetooth keyboard I bought for my tablet, is when I'm reading an eBook, because then I just need to tap the side of the tablet to advance to the next page.

Last edited:

nDelphi

Admirable
My version of the famous Biker Girl.

Postworked in Photoshop. I used squish morphs on her breast and body to give her a more natural look on the bike.

An alien pleasure slave girl wearing her costume jumps on a bike in an unplanned sudden escape attempt.

Maglev Monocycle Rev3 - Scene - 06 - PostWork.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Art Gallery Encounter
Her love had been kidnapped.
She got a message from a contact that he had been seen taken into the back of the art gallery on 5th street. She called up some friends for a little back up.
"Billy, Bryant, it's time to go get Jake. Are you in?"
"No problem, Ruby Jade, we got your six."

Hornet3d

Wise
Bad News.jpg

The results are back and the prognosis is not good, it appears that the same nanobots that keep them alive, healthy and young are not good for Turlough for despite his closeness to their race he is still in fact an alien. Rather than assist the nanobots are destroying his body and they need to somehow reprogram them urgently for him to have any chance.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I do like it. Only those of us that create art knows how difficult it can be to get blue jeans to bend properly at the thigh and hip. Who made those jeans? Do you do post work?