• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Hornet3d

Wise
Beautiful promo Satira, and that's a fun render Hornet. Don't recall ever seeing the Mono Bike before.

Thank you. The Mono Bike is by TruForm and I think it is still available. For me it was a sale purchase about two years ago and was one of those 'I might be able to use that' impulse buys which I rediscovered recently. I often try something like this in a simple render to see how it works and see if it would fit into a story line somewhere.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Funny that I was commissioned to model this mono bike a few years ago, but looks like somebody else did it. :D

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ok, I have a huge image in which this vignette is part of (but it's not uploaded to my site yet) but this is our lovely Dawn in the Shimmery Dress and shoes that USED TO BE at RDNA...(not sure why the merchant did not move this dress over to Rosity when she moved there?!) but I LOVE it!
I'm happy I could replace the shoe's harsh black heel material with my preferred "cork" heel material! :)

I know I'm late to the party, but I love the whole outfit, the shoes, jewelry and dress are perfect together! And I love the Happy Blue color of it all! So, cute!

Hornet3d

Wise
Another render using content that has languished in my runtime for sometime unused. In this case the van and, although a newer addition, surprisingly Vampire Dawn.

Impending Danger j.jpg

She hated hanging around and if her contact did not appear soon she was going to abandon the quest. All the time she remained here she knew she was in danger.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Beware the Munchkin! Hope your head stops hurting. Love your render. Since you started posting your surrealist images it's prompted me to investigate surrealism and learn stuff. Everyday is a good day when I learn something new :)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thanks Lorraine! Hee Hee! I had to promise at least five pictures before she'd go to bed tonight (last night?), otherwise she said she'd get up really, really early and bounce on me until I gave in! Thank heavens for Ken Gilliland!

There's a lot of amazing work out there to see, mostly from male Surrealists but there are some superb works from the ladies to explore. Leonore Fini and Dorothea Tanning for instance, also my personal favorite Leonora Carrington, a local lass who was born nearby at Crookhey Hall. As you'd expect, their biographies are a real eye-openers. Enjoy your journey! :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I so believe that, Miss B, and I feel sorry for people who don't. I am sometimes accused of being a know-it-all, when I pipe up with some random fact. I KNOW I don't know it all, I know I never will, but I'm never going to stop being curious and wanting to find out about stuff, what and why and where and how and who. Why get up in the morning otherwise?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I so believe that, Miss B, and I feel sorry for people who don't. I am sometimes accused of being a know-it-all, when I pipe up with some random fact. I KNOW I don't know it all, I know I never will, but I'm never going to stop being curious and wanting to find out about stuff, what and why and where and how and who. Why get up in the morning otherwise?
Agreed.

Hornet3d

Wise
I can't tell you how many people I've said that too, especially when I went back to school for another degree in my early 50s. When they asked why, that was exactly what I told them. Hey we stay young as long as the mind is active. ;)

I have a similar outlook, in my younger days I saw too many of my older workmates retire only to claim their pension for a short period, while others seemed to carry on with life with vigor. After a while I began to understand it was those with many hobbies and not enough hours in the days the survived the longest.

A lot of my use of Poser is to do with getting a picture from my imagination onto the screen but equally I love the fact that it is not a program you learn in a day and the potential to learn more is always there. I love playing with materials to get a particular look, the same can be said for lighting, then there is dynamic cloth....the list goes on and on.

Hornet3d

Wise
I did not know about the freebies but I do have a lot of TruForm content in the form of vehicles and buildings, even some musical instruments and I have found it all to be very high quality.