• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Great use of Mane and Tail 3 Products !!!!! Great choice of eye color too! Don't worry! It will get there!! Keep it up because everyone gets better with practice! It's a really excellent effort and if you found it enjoyable that is the most important part!!

Art is an expression of our selves!! Thank you for expressing yourself and sharing with us!!

The velvety texture is a really nice touch too!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Great use of Mane and Tail 3 Products !!!!! Great choice of eye color too! Don't worry! It will get there!! Keep it up because everyone gets better with practice! It's a really excellent effort and if you found it enjoyable that is the most important part!!

Art is an expression of our selves!! Thank you for expressing yourself and sharing with us!!

The velvety texture is a really nice touch too!
Thanks, yeah I like working on textures and doing art when in the mood. Glad you liked it.
Maybe its to do with my horse having lived outside year round but I like the slightly fuzzy look I got there as to me it looks like how I remember my horses looking. Well in summer any way lol come winter there was lots more mud involved and even more fuzziness :roflmao:

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Played with Harry Morphs, starting with the foal. Was pretty happy with the little fellow! I can't seem to figure out how to paste an image here from a link in my gallery, so as not to waste space...:(

The Fairy Steed-done1.jpg
The Fairy Steed-done1.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I am a South Dakota girl and was brought up with horses. From what I know the early Native American's didn't use any kind of standard tack unless they were able to take it from a settler. To control the horse they used a war bridle which was just a rawhide strip that they tied around the horse's mouth bars. If they used a blanket they just had it sitting on the horses back with the rider on top of it. They were one with the horse and they didn't use a saddle or a standard bridle. As time progressed they did of course use the common saddles and bridles if they could get them.

As for me, my mom decided that I needed to learn to ride bareback first. And I did when I was 10. She was so successful that I never learned to use a saddle. So I guess I always rode the Indian way. Really I can't really see how people can stand a saddle between them and the horse. With a saddle you can't easily feel the muscles in the horse's back. So without that you can't feel if is humping up to buck or is tense and is getting ready to shy sideways or other subtle signs as to what it it feels. The only thing about riding bareback I hated was all that sweaty hair that got on your thighs and calves.

I would love to see offered basic simple primative tac for horses. Mongolian, Native American, Graec-Roman etc. We seem to only have available British, American and some Spanish gear but there have been others and if you are trying to recreate a time piece say Native American using a Western Saddle is just wrong.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I always try to keep in mind, although many times unfortunately as an after thought, that my dead pan sense of humor is not always fully appreciated as I had intended it to be. Stepping on some ones toes is never my intention... I saw your render where you added the longer hairs to the colt and that looked really great, in fact excellent, I wanted to give you a standing ovation for that one....Horses are such great creatures, when one works with a horse in training long enough that the horse actually becomes one with the rider it is such a thrill that it is something you remember for the rest of your life.....I have spent many a day grooming a horse for a show and I know many people don't know that horses don't actually come that way, course as a groomer I didn't want my work to be seen as it meant I didn't do my job right, but as an artist I thought people should realize horses are not naturally so well groomed...

I myself would love to see some nice nags. Rough work horses, with knarly hair and coarse dirty sweaty in the right spots coats, even with flea bit uneven textures. A sway back or horses with fur worn where harnesses have been as in draft animal. I see images of Indian ponies and Mongolian ponies with scruff under their chins and fur flowing in different directions with ribs showing that look like they were rode hard and put away wet.
Mind you I love horses and would never wish or condone that kind of treatment but there are cases when that kind of "look" is really needed and there are no such options. We get old folks morphs and textures for our human figures jut would love to see some for the horse, cat and dog as well.