• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Things look great. And with a cat your really need both flexibility and good claws.

Oh, and by the way, that photo. Taken by a friend of mine who is a wild life photographer. When we used to work together, another friend of ours would always save his emails with photos in a folder call "You're life is better than mine". Anyone needing more big cat photos should check out his Africa photo's here Bob Smith Images

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Also, last night saw a special on unique wildlife and they did a study of animals that "fly" and there were several I knew about but the two that surprised me the most was a snake and the Caracal. A smaller wild cat in Africa that leaps straight up in the air VERY HIGH to feed on birds nesting in trees and in flight. They showed the whole sequence of it gathering itself with hind legs 1/3 longer than the front and power itself into the air...yup straight up and missing or capturing the bird in flight turns twisting front one way and hind end the other to turn itself around to land nimbly on all four legs again...non-plussed. It was a awesome display of natural adaptation.
As I recall Lynn Did a Caracal from DAZ Cat or Big Cat that looked awesome. Wonder if the same is going to be created with this beaut.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
One last WIP render for today- reworked around the eyes more now I have the eyes closed look to work with too:) Still working on the chin and some fussing with a few spots on the face.

View attachment 8520

Oh my god...breath taking with the eyes staring back at you are incredible but what really got me was the little details like the hair growth inside the ears. Would be nice also including spit reflectivity around the lips. Incredible attention to details make figures like this an incredible pleasure to have and work with.
My question is how economical power wise will this be to run in Poser? I know it took longer to render Harry when I first got him than it did the MilHorse . Though beautiful this cat looks so far to be able to take as long compared to the first MilBig Cat (does anyone here have the MilBigCat 2/ I can't use it so I didn't get it but how much better than its predecessor is it?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
they are the ones that come closest to what Chris showed above. The Sphynx is in need of other works I think I posted elsewhere in these forums sometime ago but I would really love if made available.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh my god...breath taking with the eyes staring back at you are incredible but what really got me was the little details like the hair growth inside the ears. Would be nice also including spit reflectivity around the lips. Incredible attention to details make figures like this an incredible pleasure to have and work with.
My question is how economical power wise will this be to run in Poser? I know it took longer to render Harry when I first got him than it did the MilHorse . Though beautiful this cat looks so far to be able to take as long compared to the first MilBig Cat (does anyone here have the MilBigCat 2/ I can't use it so I didn't get it but how much better than its predecessor is it?

Actually I think he will render quite fast- what slows Harry down so much is all the of the transparency of his hair. In fact, the big cat should work very similar to/run the same time it takes to render Harry with NO HAIR at all - just Harry's body. Personally I have seen no different time wise in rendering Harry's body vs the old Mil Horse body. Now if the mane is on/being used, yes Harry will take longer to render since there are more trans layers in the mane (and the tail and so on)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
A manticore and a sphinx would be cool. The manticore might be iffy because of the triple rows of teeth. Not sure how one would fit that into a supposedly human shaped mouth (still, no one ever said the head was in scale). And for that matter, who ever got close enough to see that there were *three* rows of teeth and lived to tell the tale?