• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 question on realigning rigging in clothing for scaled figures

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi all,

I don't have Poser 11 and someone who does is having a problem with clothing for Diva in Poser 11 that looks like what happens when the rigging is out of whack! I saw the same thing with Diva when converting her using an injection which didn't contain the offsets.

The same clothing works in PP2014 but in Poser 11 the clothing does an imitation of gumby...

Can anyone tell me if the rigging in Poser 11 is different to PP2014 when using copy morphs. Would it realign the rigging to match the characters rigging or does this need to be done separately?

In DS it automatically matches the figure the clothing is conformed to...I'm wondering if the problem this person is seeing is due to the rigging?

Is there a process that can be used to realign the rigging in the clothing easily?

Thanks

Pen

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hmm, off the top of my head, I don't know. But I have both 2014 and 11 and was going to get Diva anyway. I'll play with her tonight and see what I can figure out.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Zaarin suggested trying some of the conforming features in the Properties tab like "Follow End Points," "Follow Scales," etc.? I'm not really sure what those are though...

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I had to play with the settings. I found to get things to conform correctly (and match what I was getting in 2014) I had to have all the conforming features checked except for Match End Points on the dress I was using.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
They should all be checked and the clothing saved with them invoked.

Well, except Include Translations........that's new in P11 and I have no idea what it's for.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure either Traci, but maybe it's the slight movements left, right, up, down, front or back that might be needed to perfect the fit.

I'm just guessing on that, so don't take it as a sure fact.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So match end points needs to be checked also...that's good to know.

Like Miss B I think that means the translations on the figure have been included.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
So match end points needs to be checked also...that's good to know.

Like Miss B I think that means the translations on the figure have been included.

Yes, match end points as well. I have tested the clothing I did for Diva in P11 and I save them with all When Conforming options checked. They work without issue.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh, and BTW, when you saved the object files, all the materials were lost. I'm not going to bother replacing them, but if Lorainne is doing textures, that will affect her.

There's one material zone in all of them - default.

I am having to re-write all my material files.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I think there's definitely something buggy in PP11 here. I agree with Glitterati that you should want Match End Points, because with the difference inside on this figure I would think you would need them. But this is what I get with Match End Points on:

By the way, I hope this picture is okay, I just don't know any way to cover her up but still show the issue.

And here's what happens for me with Match End Points off:

Looks like the Include Translations wasn't important. Doesn't actually seem to effect it. So here's the question, why is mine working differently than it should.

I am on a Mac, which in theory should not make a difference. My Poser Pro 11 version is 11.0.3.32055

However I went back and checked in 2014 Game Dev, and interestingly there Match End Points makes zero difference.

I hope that helps.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's all interesting, because I just tried several pieces of Dawn's clothing on Diva, and after figuring out what order to do things so the clothing doesn't blow up, which was part of the original problem, even with Traci's properties suggestion, a simple t-shirt needed a lot of Morph Brush adjustments.

Then I tried clothing Satira had made for Nouvelle Aube, because even though she made the clothing to fit both Dawn and Nouvelle Aube, who is a smaller, petite figure, that clothing didn't look all that bad. Yes the striped tights looked funny as the stripes looked weird, but the fit of them and the tank top wasn't nearly as bad as the t-shirt I originally tried. I think those would've been easy to adjust with the Morph Brush.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That's all interesting, because I just tried several pieces of Dawn's clothing on Diva, and after figuring out what order to do things so the clothing doesn't blow up, which was part of the original problem, even with Traci's properties suggestion, a simple t-shirt needed a lot of Morph Brush adjustments.

Then I tried clothing Satira had made for Nouvelle Aube, because even though she made the clothing to fit both Dawn and Nouvelle Aube, who is a smaller, petite figure, that clothing didn't look all that bad. Yes the striped tights looked funny as the stripes looked weird, but the fit of them and the tank top wasn't nearly as bad as the t-shirt I originally tried. I think those would've been easy to adjust with the Morph Brush.

Yeah, you will get a lot of crushing when you scale as much as Dawn is scaled for Diva.

But, just use the morph brush on Smooth and choose the plDiva morph and smooth away.

My freebie At The Office for Dawn on Diva before the morph brush (LOTS OF CRUSHING)
ScaledDawn.jpg

And then after just a few minutes using the smooth morph brush

ScaledDawnMorphBrush.jpg

And, if you zero out the morph when you are done, re-save the CR2, it will automatically load to Diva smoothed and sized properly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That looks a lot better before the smoothing than the t-shirt I originally tried. I think the Nouvelle Aube outfit I tried wouldn't have needed half as much smoothing, and would've come out nicely.