• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dusk Skeleton In Progress

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Definitely add value to the skull. Actually also to add expression morphs to it as well. Like to the orbit of the eye.

And a realistic skull is ALWAYS welcome in my runtime (alot of my non-computer art has/is skulls :p) but I like the idea of expressions too so you'd be able to do a kinda cartoon skull if you wanted to as well.
Also make a great companion to Sparky's Skelehorse :D

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Someday, time permitting I need to try my hand at modeling.
I have Wings 3D, blender and Shade 7 still basically unused...sigh.
Cris, this is truly awesome work!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Yep, awesome as usual. I would love it Chris if you ever have time to post modelling tips in short videos, like maybe your workflow, how you decide how to start your projects, decisions on topology, retopology, etc. Like I say, I know you are busy, but would be great to tap into your years of modelling experience.

I agree! And you could sell them in the store, I'd certainly buy them.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Tate, gotta tell you that your avatar just makes me smile :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for the support everyone.

Tate... good to see you exploring. Thanks for the compliment also, and we look forward to your goofy lil' fellas release.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Getting back to this for a bit today. Several hours actually. Once I get the 3rd cervical vertabra modeled the rest can be built off of that and will go quicker. Here I modeled the Atlas today and a good start on the Axis.

Back on Big Cat morphs tomorrow.

Skull43.JPG
Skull44.JPG
Skull45.JPG
Skull46.JPG

ImagineX

Admirable
Fabulous modeling! Extreme talent Chris. Anatomy has got to be one of the hardest things to model hands down - especially human anatomy. Truly clean and accurate representation of the human skull. AWESOME WORK!!