• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I think Pappy created this robe for the Poserphobic...default settings all the way, easy sim. It was called M3 Comfy Robe.

M3 DYNAMIC PAPPY COMFY.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
People of our age have really gone through a lot of rapid changes as far as technology goes. When I was young, the first phone I remember on a party line, and had rotary dial. Now everybody lives on their phone...and I still don't understand the logic of texting...paying to send messages that could be sent over the internet for free. It's just paying for the ability to do it on a mobile phone. I was reading an article yesterday about brain impairment that's starting to show on the scans of patients addicted to social media and gaming....especially in the areas of the ability to show empathy toward others, abilities to concentrate, and focus. So there's a price besides the phone bill. I gave in and got a flip phone as means of safety on the road, I wanted to be able to continue to drive, so that was my compromise, to always be able to call home.
I only use texting with one or two people, and I prefer it to email only because it's more timely. I don't know when folks will read their emails, but they get a ding that there's a text message, they see it and respond if necessary.

Otherwise, I mostly use my cellphone for it's calendar so I never forget an appointment.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, you know I've had these robes stored on an archive drive for something like five to seven years...waiting for the time to come for their use...at the time I got them I was still using a very old version of DS, and had just gotten Poser 6, but trying to figure out the cloth room in Poser 6 was not for the faint of heart...since you'd see boxes on screen rather than the figure. I knew the time would come when I'd get it, and it's a good thing I invested in the robes while I was still working, and before Pappy left Rendo. I have no idea what happened to him...if he just decided there were not enough Poser sales there...not sure. I did get most of his stuff. There are a couple that I've run that were not so easy to deal with, so I'm just shooting for what's user friendly right now.

skylab

Esteemed
I looked through the beginning of this thread to see if I had any Poser shader links, but I think that was done as far back as the original chat thread that went down with the forum. I looked through page 33, after page 33 we started mostly discussing DAZ Studio, and went from that to Poser dynamics while Seliah was taking a break. So, best I can suggest is searching ShareCG in the materials area, and Rendo in their free stuff. I know that Karth had some Poser materials products on Rendo, and there may be others. So, eclark, I hope this helps :)

Another M3 robe, this time short and sleeveless.

M3 DYNAMIC PAPPY SHORT SLEEVELESS ROBE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
And here's the last of the M3 robes from Pappy, called simply a short robe.

I'll break for dinner now...see you folks later :)

M3 DYNAMIC PAPPY SHORT ROBE.jpg

Charles West

Adventurous
Sticking head in to see what has been going on with all. Still taking Deb to the MDs and the hernia repair has been postponed by the heart doc. We are going to get the check to see if a stint is necessary because the stress test showed a possible blockage on Monday. I will pop in with info as time allows.

Charles

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sorry to hear that things aren't going as well as you'd like Charles. Take care of yourself and Deb.

skylab

Esteemed
Hope things improve with Deb...take care of yourself too.

Here's an experiment with the M3 robe on M4, M2 and Dusk. Something like this could be a one size fits all for the Last Supper sets.

M4 PAPPY DYNAMIC COMFY ROBE.jpg

M2 PAPPY DYNAMIC COMFY ROBE.jpg

DUSK PAPPY DYNAMIC COMFY ROBE.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Those look good. A little long in the second render, but nice in the first and last.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, in the M2 sim, it seemed to want to slip down on his shoulders a bit much, so will have to tweak that. It'll be worth the effort since there is very little clothing for M2 like this. I've got several projects in mind, and need to know what I have in the way of clothing for the scenes. I could always just create the poses with no renders, but it helps people know what can be done with the poses. Unfortunately new users and users who rely altogether on created content often dislike having to figure things like this out...they're used to things smart propped, posed, and lighted...like they used to say on DAZ forum, they want a Make Art button....haha. I'm not only trying to break out of it for myself, but to show others also that they can put it together themselves. Otherwise it's mostly someone else's art...which is okay...but I like breaking out of the box some.

I've been sitting here trying to enter at least a few emergency numbers in this phone. I'm limiting it to three tonight, because it really works on my nerves fooling with stuff like this...haha. At least the text size is larger on this phone...my old one I have to squint, and close one eye to see the contact numbers. No wonder I don't spend much time on it o_O

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah I always hated my old flip phone, not that my current phone is all that large, but it's a smart phone, so the text is bigger and easier to read.