• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I also have to track down why the touchpad keeps moving my cursor all over the place when typing and randomly highlighting text/deleting text... I may just disable the stupid touchpad, to be honest. I use a mouse anyway, and if the touch pad going to misbehave, then it can go sit in the corner for a while! :roflmao:

Hmm, does your computer have a setting to disable the trackpad when another mouse is present? I know there's such a setting on Macs. There used to be one to 'avoid accidental input' when typing too. I actually love my trackpad. What's funny though is I do sometimes use a wacom tablet for things, but I keep going back and trying the built in trackpad to select menus, and it and the tablet fight with each other when I do that.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hmm, does your computer have a setting to disable the trackpad when another mouse is present? I know there's such a setting on Macs. There used to be one to 'avoid accidental input' when typing too. I actually love my trackpad. What's funny though is I do sometimes use a wacom tablet for things, but I keep going back and trying the built in trackpad to select menus, and it and the tablet fight with each other when I do that.

My last computer (an old Dell XPS) used to have that kind of a setting. This one does not. It does have a button in the top row to disable the touchpad, but at the moment, that whole extra row of buttons are not functioning yet, and I haven't been able to find a setting in the control panel yet to disable it.

I hate the touchpad because my hands shake pretty badly, so not only can I not control the mouse with it, but my palms constantly bump against it when I type or try to use it for mouse control, which as you can imagine, makes navigating or working a great way to increase the size of my erm... creative vocabulary. :D

skylab

Esteemed
Wow GG, when you say you move the figure out of zero position to get the sim to run correctly, you aren't kidding! Haha.

I've come to the conclusion that it would make my sims easier if I do the hair and some of the props after the sim has been run. Here's Dusk's basic shepherd pose, just needs the left hand tweaked once the lamb is placed...but I think I'm going to wait on the hair and customizing, so it won't interfere with the robe. I like the fullness at the waist this time, and I think it was because there was nothing else in the scene to prevent it from folding that way. The pose is a conservative version of the M4 pose, the stride is not so long.

Seliah, M2 is on the far left, and Apollo is on the far right :)

DUSK SHEPHERD FRONT.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Now the lamb is in place...all is needed now is hair and beard, and he'll be completed :) I decided to go back to using base Dusk. I think trying to use Rodrigo, and the historical curls hair, it was causing Poser to crash. I haven't had any problems with base Dusk, so to preserve my sanity, that seems to be the way to go for pose projects that require sims to run.

By the way, are there any free sandals or flip flops for Dusk yet?

DUSK SHEPHERD with LAMB TEST.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I like these last two renders Sky. That looks good.

My old Dell Latitude had a setting to turn off the touchpad, since I use a Wacom and have absolutely no need for it. I never liked touchpads anyway, and it really annoys me, because it moves the keypad that much further back. ~sheesh~

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B...sorry I've been preoccupied with finishing this project tonight...I got tied up with a phone call awhile ago, and couldn't join in when others were posting, so sorry for that. And yes, I do like that bloused appearance at the waist now, instead of being stretched out.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, it fits him nicely, and you don't have to apologize. I've been in and out of the forum all day, mostly because I'm trying to finish up textures for an outfit for Pen's Diva, also dynamic, so I'm having fun simming as well. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
I'm zipping up the Poser set now, and will convert the DS set next, then it's ready for upload. I guess GG thought I'd never get it done...thought I'd get it done yesterday, but had too much going on, so I was determined tonight to finish :)

skylab

Esteemed
I just made an interesting discovery. Even though DS will not recognize Poser cloth dynamics, it successfully imported the scene so that I could grab the poses. In the past I've set up the individual figures for import when dynamics are involved, but decided to try it to save time...and it's all there, just the cloth is out of place.

DS DYN IMPORT.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well that's got to be a time-saver. Good to know you could do that without a problem.

OK, I'm finished for tonight. See ya tomorrow.

Terre

Renowned
Good work, Sky. :)

Good morning. We'll be going to Lubbock this morning to see the outdoor part of the museum we went to last fall. I haven't been there since the late '70s and they've added things.

skylab

Esteemed
People of our age have really gone through a lot of rapid changes as far as technology goes. When I was young, the first phone I remember on a party line, and had rotary dial. Now everybody lives on their phone...and I still don't understand the logic of texting...paying to send messages that could be sent over the internet for free. It's just paying for the ability to do it on a mobile phone. I was reading an article yesterday about brain impairment that's starting to show on the scans of patients addicted to social media and gaming....especially in the areas of the ability to show empathy toward others, abilities to concentrate, and focus. So there's a price besides the phone bill. I gave in and got a flip phone as means of safety on the road, I wanted to be able to continue to drive, so that was my compromise, to always be able to call home.

skylab

Esteemed
Starting a few sim projects on the many oldie dynamic robes collected for M3...the first was called Pappy's David robe...the belt and robe are separate, but the robe is all one piece, so it only required one sim for the robe. It has potential, especially if it had decent textures. I'm mostly running these past GG in case she sees any interesting ideas for Dusk :)

M3 DYNAMIC PAPPY DAVID.jpg