• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these??????
We used to grab these on the way to the beach when we were kids. They were cheap and good.
1647350777211.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this?????? Well, I THOUGHT I did. I just found out today that the original show went off the air when I was only two years old. So all of the shows I've ever seen were re-runs. :D
1647365302471.png

unreal

Noteworthy
Never heard of the book. I was into The Hardy boys and Encyclopedia Brown. If I was really bored, I'd pick up a Nancy Drew.
Same with Hardy Boys. And Nancy Drew. They were my mother's books. She used to read them to us as kids. If we were good, we got two chapters before bedtime. The upside, I learned to read well before pre-school just so I wouldn't have to be good to get my extra chapters. I'm not sure that's a good motivation.
I have twilight zone (and new one) on my plex server. They're awesome. That sort of story was popular then (Philip K Dick did some stories like that). I saw it as re-runs. He also did Night Gallery. Horror version. There was Ghost Story/Circle of Fear around then, too. My brother and eye would hide behind the couch and watch it by peeking. It was scary to us :D

I though the 80's "New Twilight Zone" was good. Grateful Dead did the theme. Shatner and Nimoy were in original. Jonathan Frakes was in the new one. B&W Bewitched was better. Darker feeling. I Dream of Jeanie was also better in B&W. It was casually misogynistic in a way shows can't be now. They can be overtly sexual. Amazingly violent. Casually abusive. But not chauvinistic O.O Young blond woman calling white guy "master". Yeah, that would fly :D

F-troop I watched in reruns. Teen years were spent up all night, watching old mid-60's reruns. I remember the theme song, mostly. "Where Indian fights are colourful sights, and nobody takes a licking..." It seemed like the western version of McHales Navy.

I never watched Alfred. Although, he was a character in The Three Investigators. Think of it as the 6's lower middle class hardy Boys. Who were wealthy 50's connected kids. I couldn't relate to the Hardy Boys at all. i do remember the 70's TV show that had some teen idle playing one of the boys. Sean someone. There was also the Micky Mouse club serial hardy Boys. Something about "Gold doubloons and pieces of eight. All belong to Applegate. From buccaneers who fought for years. For gold doubloons and pieces of weight." And a treasure. The only thing I remember is that it was in a train water tower, I think. Revealed by pulling a chain? It's been about 50 years since I saw it, and I think it was a lot of years old, even then. Not even sure it was Mickey Mouse, which was a 50's thing being re-run in early 70's.

All this is really causing me to dig deep :p

unreal

Noteworthy
Remember these????? Actually, I still have several. But no player that works.:)
View attachment 72930
I have a sony double cassette player up in the attic, and still some cassettes in a box somewhere. And nowhere I can hook it up since I have't had an amp in decades. I also have a VHS, same reason. Old family videos. I got a little RF to digital USB connector but the OS and drivers are so far out of date, no computers support it. So I can't get that info off.

eclark1894

Visionary
Same with Hardy Boys. And Nancy Drew. They were my mother's books. She used to read them to us as kids. If we were good, we got two chapters before bedtime. The upside, I learned to read well before pre-school just so I wouldn't have to be good to get my extra chapters. I'm not sure that's a good motivation.

I have twilight zone (and new one) on my plex server. They're awesome. That sort of story was popular then (Philip K Dick did some stories like that). I saw it as re-runs. He also did Night Gallery. Horror version. There was Ghost Story/Circle of Fear around then, too. My brother and eye would hide behind the couch and watch it by peeking. It was scary to us :D

I though the 80's "New Twilight Zone" was good. Grateful Dead did the theme. Shatner and Nimoy were in original. Jonathan Frakes was in the new one. B&W Bewitched was better. Darker feeling. I Dream of Jeanie was also better in B&W. It was casually misogynistic in a way shows can't be now. They can be overtly sexual. Amazingly violent. Casually abusive. But not chauvinistic O.O Young blond woman calling white guy "master". Yeah, that would fly :D

F-troop I watched in reruns. Teen years were spent up all night, watching old mid-60's reruns. I remember the theme song, mostly. "Where Indian fights are colourful sights, and nobody takes a licking..." It seemed like the western version of McHales Navy.

I never watched Alfred. Although, he was a character in The Three Investigators. Think of it as the 6's lower middle class hardy Boys. Who were wealthy 50's connected kids. I couldn't relate to the Hardy Boys at all. i do remember the 70's TV show that had some teen idle playing one of the boys. Sean someone. There was also the Micky Mouse club serial hardy Boys. Something about "Gold doubloons and pieces of eight. All belong to Applegate. From buccaneers who fought for years. For gold doubloons and pieces of weight." And a treasure. The only thing I remember is that it was in a train water tower, I think. Revealed by pulling a chain? It's been about 50 years since I saw it, and I think it was a lot of years old, even then. Not even sure it was Mickey Mouse, which was a 50's thing being re-run in early 70's.

All this is really causing me to dig deep :p
I remember seeing both Elizabeth Montgomery and Willian Shatner on the Twilight Zone. Shatner was on a plane. I think he kept seeing gremlins on the wing. Montgomery was in a future war zone. Where she and an enemy soldier were the only two left in the city. She never spoke. There was also one where Billy Mumy kept sending people he didn't like to the corn field. I think he repeated that role with his daughter in the early 2000s.

I remember two Night Gallery. One was about a painting that showed a murdered man get out of his grave and walking back to the house. It wasn't animated, they just kept changing the scene in picture. The other was a boy who could see the future, but only the day ahead.