• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

unreal

Noteworthy
I hope you meant 2m in height! I was 4 ft. tall in 6th grade, and visited a sub in Battleship Cove, and had no problems with the bulkheads.

Dana
I meant 1m. It's only a slight exaggeration. My mother is 5' tall and she hit her head on bulkheads. If you were anything other than tiny, those ww2 subs must have been beyond torture.

unreal

Noteworthy
I meant 1m. It's only a slight exaggeration. My mother is 5' tall and she hit her head on bulkheads. If you were anything other than tiny, those ww2 subs must have been beyond torture.
A sub in SF and a different one in Sydney. We went into all the areas. The bulkhead she hit was in a passage in the engine room area. It was a the hatchway was a tiny hole. The smaller one was a German sub.

eclark1894

Visionary
I hope you meant 2m in height! I was 4 ft. tall in 6th grade, and visited a sub in Battleship Cove, and had no problems with the bulkheads.

Dana
I'm not claustrophobic, but a submarine would get met there! I don't even want to be buried when I die. Prefer cremation.:)

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these guys?????
1647175288568.png
1647175594464.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember them????? I admit it, there was a time especially in the 80s, when I was hooked on Soap Operas. Not the nighttime version so much as the daytime though. :D
1647177931950.png
1647178165943.png

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this show???? Honestly, I do and I don't. I was about 4 or 5 when this show was on, and it was on opposite Red Skelton, so I'm sure I didn't watch it.
1647200521346.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this???? Again, I do and I don't. The show came on when I was about 5 or 6. I don't really remember the show, but I do remember the theme.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Remember this???? Again, I do and I don't. The show came on when I was about 5 or 6. I don't really remember the show, but I do remember the theme.
Oh yes, a show I watched religiously. Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb. :D

robert952

Brilliant
The only subs I've been on are ww2 vintage. Stationary. At docks. In bays.

I only noticed a few things. They are brutally small. If you're over 1m in height, you will have to duck often, and you *will* hit your head on steel bulkheads, even so. Which brings me to something I didn't notice (at first). Steel bulkheads.

I left some dents in more than a few of them.
You also hit your legs on the bottom of the door frame...hence the nickname: shin knockers.