• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these?????
1647135889153.png

unreal

Noteworthy
I believe, pretty much everything on a sub is fastened down.
:)
The only subs I've been on are ww2 vintage. Stationary. At docks. In bays.

I only noticed a few things. They are brutally small. If you're over 1m in height, you will have to duck often, and you *will* hit your head on steel bulkheads, even so. Which brings me to something I didn't notice (at first). Steel bulkheads.

I left some dents in more than a few of them.

unreal

Noteworthy
Remember gable top milk cartons???
View attachment 72884
Ours were "Daisy Hill" or something like that. In early grade school where I lived, the cows were pretty much just down the road from school. We didn't have straws. That was for fancy schools. We had to open in a drink it like grown men (despite the fact that none of us were men, grown or otherwise). Eventually, in year 4, we got tiny paper straws. That would break when you tried to puncture the carton. We still had to open them first. But we got to drink like something other than grown men. A win!

Plus, we could have milk shooting "wars". You could get some good distance and velocity with even a paper straw.

unreal

Noteworthy
I remember them as a kid since parents could pack about a million neighborhood kids in the car for cheap per head admission. There was a playground down in front yet our parents would dress us in pajamas (footies) because they knew (hoped) we'd fall asleep. Footies and keds sneakers. Now *that's* stylin'

eclark1894

Visionary
Ours were "Daisy Hill" or something like that. In early grade school where I lived, the cows were pretty much just down the road from school. We didn't have straws. That was for fancy schools. We had to open in a drink it like grown men (despite the fact that none of us were men, grown or otherwise). Eventually, in year 4, we got tiny paper straws. That would break when you tried to puncture the carton. We still had to open them first. But we got to drink like something other than grown men. A win!

Plus, we could have milk shooting "wars". You could get some good distance and velocity with even a paper straw.
I couldn't get the paper straw to shoot so I just shot the paper sleeve the straw came in.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The only subs I've been on are ww2 vintage. Stationary. At docks. In bays.

I only noticed a few things. They are brutally small. If you're over 1m in height, you will have to duck often, and you *will* hit your head on steel bulkheads, even so. Which brings me to something I didn't notice (at first). Steel bulkheads.

I left some dents in more than a few of them.
I hope you meant 2m in height! I was 4 ft. tall in 6th grade, and visited a sub in Battleship Cove, and had no problems with the bulkheads.

Dana