• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

McGyver

Energetic
We have quite a few… actually I have quite a few, but mostly just the parts from the ones that died… technically there is usually only one working one and when it kicks the bucket, I take the switches, heating elements and cords … my wife‘s mum uses her electric kettle only 50% of the time… her and my wife tend to make tea Indian style (masala chai), so that needs a pot on the stove or the masala ingredients would mess up the inside of the electric unit.
Its funny, here a lot of shops sell ”Chai Tea”… basically meaning “Tea Tea”, because “Chai” means ”Tea” in Hindi.

robert952

Brilliant
Wow. The internet. I wonder if more bar fights have been started or prevented by it.

For sure, it's made it hard for father's of young kids to just make up stuff when explaining things to their kids.

German. I was O scale correct in my thinking. I wonder why 1/4"=1' was used.
The internet...useful if you know how to use it properly. Also, if you are also very familiar with a subject, it's a way to prove people wrong. Of course, as you point out, that usually ends in a bar brawl.

As for making up stuff...my grandson (he had some help picking it out) gave me a T-shirt. It has the name he calls me. It reads: "Poppie knows everything. And what he doesn't know, he makes it up."

McGyver

Energetic
Wow. The internet. I wonder if more bar fights have been started or prevented by it.

For sure, it's made it hard for father's of young kids to just make up stuff when explaining things to their kids.

German. I was O scale correct in my thinking. I wonder why 1/4"=1' was used.
They didn’t mention G scale… 1/22 scale mostly, but its a mess mostly going by gauge, not really scale… so you can fit a modern locomotive that’s more like 1/27 scale on a narrow gauge track for 1/22 scale steam locos.

I used to make “court models“ in H Scale (no relation to HO)… 1/25 scale or 1/2” = 1’… before everyone started doing CGI to show juries a crime or accident scene, lawyers used to commission models of the scene to demonstrate to the jury… we used 1/24th or 1/25th scale because it was a good size, especially for industrial accident scenes.
Some of the models could be pretty huge, broken down into several modules several feet in size…
It was kinda cool too because often we’d get to visit the site or climb around stuff taking reference photos.

Nobody does that kind of stuff anymore… I was told by a client that even though they were happy to start using CGI, they noticed that the actual physical models would hold a jury’s attention a lot longer… CGI just seemed to bore them once the novelty wore off and everyone was familiar with CGI.

DanaTA

Distinguished
They didn’t mention G scale… 1/22 scale mostly, but its a mess mostly going by gauge, not really scale… so you can fit a modern locomotive that’s more like 1/27 scale on a narrow gauge track for 1/22 scale steam locos.

I used to make “court models“ in H Scale (no relation to HO)… 1/25 scale or 1/2” = 1’… before everyone started doing CGI to show juries a crime or accident scene, lawyers used to commission models of the scene to demonstrate to the jury… we used 1/24th or 1/25th scale because it was a good size, especially for industrial accident scenes.
Some of the models could be pretty huge, broken down into several modules several feet in size…
It was kinda cool too because often we’d get to visit the site or climb around stuff taking reference photos.

Nobody does that kind of stuff anymore… I was told by a client that even though they were happy to start using CGI, they noticed that the actual physical models would hold a jury’s attention a lot longer… CGI just seemed to bore them once the novelty wore off and everyone was familiar with CGI.
Maybe the jurors need to see 3D holography to stay interested! :rolleyes:

unreal

Noteworthy
We have quite a few… actually I have quite a few, but mostly just the parts from the ones that died… technically there is usually only one working one and when it kicks the bucket, I take the switches, heating elements and cords … my wife‘s mum uses her electric kettle only 50% of the time… her and my wife tend to make tea Indian style (masala chai), so that needs a pot on the stove or the masala ingredients would mess up the inside of the electric unit.
Its funny, here a lot of shops sell ”Chai Tea”… basically meaning “Tea Tea”, because “Chai” means ”Tea” in Hindi.
Nifty. Like a PIN number or RAT Test.

Always interested in things that help me sound less of an idiot :D

So "Masala" is the style of tea? A reference to ingredients and/or preparation?

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this????
1645536234132.png
or this???
1645536521817.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember when Coke and Pepsi were in 10oz. bottles and cost 10 or 12 cents? For the record, I do know that a few years before it was only a nickle.
1645576981665.png