• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these????
1645400490814.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Okay I read the article, and aside from the snarky joke about guns and taking information from Twitter as gospel, I will concede that there are a good deal of people would would probably mistake an electric kettle for a steam kettle. That doesn't mean they don't know that there are electric kettles or how to use them. Most likely, they were half asleep when trying to make a pot of coffee, as most people in the US drink coffee either just after they've awakened or to stimulate themselves to stay awake or alert.:D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No, as every building I've ever lived in since a child has had a laundry room with washing machines, and dryers.

unreal

Noteworthy
I had really hoped my use of smileys would have revealed I was being snarky. I very much loved everything about space when I waas a child and read and watched a lot about the Moon Landing, NASA, the developments leading up to it and following it, the space shuttles, etc... when I was younger. The real shame of it is rather than encouraging me to pursue science with those interests, teachers repeatedly came down on me for being lost in fantasy.

What you describe was essentially true when I was in school as well, and is why by the time I was in High School I treated it as a joke. History books from the 1950's, teachers slanting facts with their own views and biases, English still teaching the same things from 6th and 7th grade. No real art classes (construction paper, paste, and crayons still in High School...really???).

Yes there was one on ShareCG once, along with the Chariot, and some tools from the pilot episode (the laser drill). I still have them in my runtimes and may or may not still have the archives. They do appear to be gone now. There is one for sale on Renderosity too.
Biggest problem I had was treating it as a joke is I had a tendency to laugh out loud and mock it. You can guess how well that went over with a lot of teachers.

unreal

Noteworthy
I live in both countries. Have electric kettles in both. Grew up in the states, had stovetop and electric kettles growing up. In my time there, I lived northeast, midwest, southeast, far west, northwest. Always had kettles, nothing unusual about them. Guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I liked them for heating water for swiss miss (with the little marshmallows). Worlds most disgusting instant chocolate. But was heaven coming in from the cold. Then I lived in SF and had to pick up a coffee habit. I didn't want to. but late afternoon meetings in the cafe, being the only person ordering hot chocolate was hurting my credibility as a dude. Life is hard!

unreal

Noteworthy
Okay I read the article, and aside from the snarky joke about guns and taking information from Twitter as gospel, I will concede that there are a good deal of people would would probably mistake an electric kettle for a steam kettle. That doesn't mean they don't know that there are electric kettles or how to use them. Most likely, they were half asleep when trying to make a pot of coffee, as most people in the US drink coffee either just after they've awakened or to stimulate themselves to stay awake or alert.:D
I wouldn't say most. Some. Just like some brits drink their tea with milk and sugar.

eclark1894

Visionary
when I was little, my friend had one. My family didn't have that kind of money. Being kids, we did the only thing you can do with them. Have contests to see how fast you could go with them. On the flat (not so fast) and on the hill (fast enough to be deadly). No one died. But not for lack of trying.
That's the thing about being a kid in the 60s. No one died, but it wasn't because we didn't try! :rofl:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Wow. The internet. I wonder if more bar fights have been started or prevented by it.

For sure, it's made it hard for father's of young kids to just make up stuff when explaining things to their kids.
Not really...you can find bad information to confirm any lie you tell! Sadly.

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
Yup… Also, someone down the road is (or was) using one in front of their house as a planter… kind of a shame, because it still has the graphics on it meaning they probably don’t repaint it… last I looked anyway… who knows if it’s still there actually… sometimes you see something so often and it disappears, but you don’t really notice because you just assume it’s there without looking directly at it.