• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
I also watched STNG and Voyager, though I remember folks saying they didn't like Voyager because of the female captain. I thought she was a good change from all the male captains of the earlier Star Trek series. I also watched Deep Space 9, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis.

The one Sci-FI show I really liked was Babylon 5, mostly because all the episodes were written by one person, which really kept the story line in focus.
My only problem with Janeway was her decisions. Voyager had several opportunities to get back home early, and... due to Janeway's decisions, she flubbed them all. Even in the series finale, she was about to flub the attempt to get back home, but fortunately, her future self took the decision out of her hands.

unreal

Noteworthy
I also watched STNG and Voyager, though I remember folks saying they didn't like Voyager because of the female captain. I thought she was a good change from all the male captains of the earlier Star Trek series. I also watched Deep Space 9, Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis.

The one Sci-FI show I really liked was Babylon 5, mostly because all the episodes were written by one person, which really kept the story line in focus.
Plus, the entire story-arc was worked out in advance. None of this dropping hints all over the place, then fishing out something weird when the series train wrecks. I'm looking at You Battlestar Galactica. Both versions.

I thought Janeway was the better captain. She had to contend with a serious situation. There were some very powerful episodes, even in the first season. I never got into DS9. I liked the main actors and their characters. I just didn't like the situation.

I know a lot of girls who thought the *world* of Voyager. She wasn't a female captain. She was a captain, who was female. There's a difference :)

Seven of Nine's character makes sense when you realize she was a person who had been seriously abused as a child. I didn't like Nelix when it first showed but I really liked his character decades later. I suppose I grew up, some. Don't tell anyone O.O

unreal

Noteworthy
My only problem with Janeway was her decisions. Voyager had several opportunities to get back home early, and... due to Janeway's decisions, she flubbed them all. Even in the series finale, she was about to flub the attempt to get back home, but fortunately, her future self took the decision out of her hands.
But who makes the right decisions all the time?

Life is what you do with the bad decisions. A good life didn't have no bad decisions. It managed to deal with them well :D

I felt the same as you, first time through. Decades later, I'm not sure I was right. A few more decades and it's likely I'll know I was wrong. Luckily, by then my memory will be completely shot, so I won't know what I was wrong about. There's a symmetry there :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Plus, the entire story-arc was worked out in advance. None of this dropping hints all over the place, then fishing out something weird when the series train wrecks. I'm looking at You Battlestar Galactica. Both versions.
I actually preferred the original Battlestar Galactica as a series, but I did like Edward James Olmos in the remake.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Edward James Olmos was great! I enjoyed the re-imagined storyline. I thought it was very well made. Babylon 5 was excellent!

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
My nephew came by to visit yesterday. He had just got out of the hospital after recovering from Covid. (First actual person I've known personally, who's had it.) We got to talking and remembering things. I thanked him for teaching me how to write my name back before I started school. He had forgot. He did remind me though of how... (accident prone) I was a kid. One year, I broke my arm falling out of a tree, (surprised they haven't banned those yet :rofl: ). The next year, a train almost hit me, the year after that, I walked through some ashes I thought were cold. (They weren't), and the next year, I nearly cut my toes off walking in a ditch that the city was laying underground pipe in. My nephew btw, is older than me and my older brother. He graduated in 1969. I graduated in 1976.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I remember the puppet more than the actual commercial, though I'm sure I would've seen it alot as the product was very popular.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember these???
Back in the olden days before the walk in coolers and reach-in coolers, there were the chest coolers for sodas. They only held small bottles of coke, pepsi, or other brands. Back in the days when sodas only cost me a dime. The price went up to 12 cents eventually, and then to a quarter. You can still see these on old shows like The Andy Griffith Show.
1637795119822.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I still have a flour sifter in my kitchen, even though I no longer sift any flour, but growing up I remember we had one just like this one. It was from the 1940s so it was old even then.
1637801157377.png

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I still have a flour sifter in my kitchen, even though I no longer sift any flour, but growing up I remember we had one just like this one. It was from the 1940s so it was old even then.
View attachment 71589
I have several of those, along with other old time kitchen and baking items from my parents and grandparents. I really need to get rid of some of them, but can't bring myself to throw them out.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Keep them. In the future, they'll be worth money.
The problem is I have too much stuff like that and no room to move around or life in the home that was left behind. I need to get rid of a lot, but it is all stuff that is possibly worth something - I just don't have a way to get it all appraised or sold. I have already sold a bunch of my old toys and collectibles, some of which I truly regret.

eclark1894

Visionary
The problem is I have too much stuff like that and no room to move around or life in the home that was left behind. I need to get rid of a lot, but it is all stuff that is possibly worth something - I just don't have a way to get it all appraised or sold. I have already sold a bunch of my old toys and collectibles, some of which I truly regret.
If you HAVE to sell it, try eBay. Older stuff seems to be fetching a good price.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
If you HAVE to sell it, try eBay. Older stuff seems to be fetching a good price.
I appreciate the advice, but Ebay is a non option. I have had nothing but trouble with them in recent years and find their policies, practices, and fee schedules towards small sellers unreasonable. While I do have an etsy account I had not wanted to clutter it up with garage sale type items. I was briefly having luck with Letgo before they were bought out by that other company that wont let you log in through a computer. I need this pandemic to end so I can set up at a church bazaar or rummage sale or something - but may not have that time - I need to get room.