• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well, I've completed the Firefly version of the update Australia v1 and here's a sneak peek at three more birds...
The "Rufous Scrub-bird" is the replacement bird for the Superb Lyrebird (which is now getting it's very own set). The critically endangered Scrub-bird is in the same family as the Lyrebird and even has the same ritualized courting behavior (but without the Lyrebird serenade of weird sounds).

SBRM_Australia1_Promo5.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Today is the last day of my Renderosity VOM sale (@40% off). It was probably be last storewide sale and at greater than 35% off I'll have until the fall (unless RMP twists my arm lol). My inclination is to go back to my pre-Hivewire pattern of having two "Big" store-wide sales a year (50%+ off) spaced about 6 months apart (October/Novemberish and, of course, my late April Audubon's Birthday sale).

Of course, I will be having "smaller" sales with select products and new releases (25-35% off range). Renderosity has a tool to let me build my own temporary bundles, so I'll be using that for select product sales. I do miss Hivewire's Bundle options that allowed you to get the rest of a bundle (if you had some of it already).

As for updates and new releases... by the end of next week, I'll be turning over the updated Australia v1 to be beta testers and I'll continue work on my Cicada, Lyrebird and Bee-eaters sets. With the Kingfisher model now done, that will unlock the updates for SBRM Second Edition, Cool and Unusual Birds v2, Amazon and Yucatan... so that will keep me busy through the start of the summer. I'll probably do a "Kingfishers of the World" volume, and not surprisingly, an add-on volume for NW's Fish. I do want to do more NW's add-ons (a least one more Bees, Turtles and Frogs of the World). I added a ton more future bird sets to my list as well; more gamebirds, parrots, barbets, owls, hornbills, SBRM New Zealand, SBRM Asia, Africa v2, woodland Jewels v2... I could keep going... enough for another 5 years or so.... lol)

Hopefully, by late summer, I'll be reworking the Seabird base models so that I can finish the SBRM updates by Audubon Sale 2022. At least, that's my hope...

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've lost track of what new products you've released at Renderosity, as well as the products updated and released to Renderosity. Is this list of released and updated products complete for what's been released since our HiveWire stores were transferred to Renderosity? Were there updates released in February and March that I missed?

I'm patiently waiting for our purchases to be transferred from HiveWire to Renderosity, so I can pick up the updates.

Thank you for noting in the product descriptions when it's a product update. That certainly will help until the Add to Cart / Purchased button reflects whether we've already purchased the product.

New products
  • Songbird ReMix Characters v2
  • Songbird ReMix Characters v3
  • Songbird ReMix Paridae of the World
  • Songbird ReMix Woodpeckers v2

Updated May 2021
  • Songbird ReMix Art Treasures from the Bowerbird Collection
  • Songbird ReMix Australia Vol 2

Updated April 2021
  • Songbird ReMix Pose Pack 2
  • Songbird ReMix Africa
  • Songbird ReMix European Edition 2

Updated January 2021
  • Songbird ReMix
  • Songbird ReMix Characters
  • Nature's Wonders Bee

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thanks for listing those. I'd missed a couple. I'll undoubtedly wait for a few things for my purchase history to transfer. But others I think I'll just re-purchase and save myself the headache of trying to work with the old versions.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Actually more than that has been updated...

January 2021
  • All Nature's Wonders products-- these updates were more of a "folder moves". The Nature's Wonders series moved to the Songbird ReMix-like folder structure which is obviously much more noticeable in Poser than DAZ Studio (with everything being put in the "figures" (characters) library.) All "fauna" based products did get re-written into character format (like my birds).
  • The December SBRM re-releases all had a minor morph fix added to them. Downloading almost any other new/updated SBRM set (Jan 2021+) will add in the fix.
  • 'Ohi'a Lehua updated and renamed "Nature's Wonders 'Ohi'a Lehua".
  • Songbird ReMix Corvus Corvus updated
  • Songbird ReMix Cool and Unusual v3 updated

April 2021
  • Songbird ReMix Cool and Unusual Birds v1 updated
  • Songbird ReMix Woodpeckers v1 updated

There were no February or March releases because I had my hands full with the 2 new/5 updated products for my Audubon Sale.

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ken

I updated my spreadsheet to include those products.

I got the December 2020 Frogs update (2021-12-11) and I have Turtles and Lizards in the restructured Nature's Wonders Runtime, so I may (or may not) have the most current update for Frogs, Turtles, and Lizards. I remember I had to do some manual reshuffling of the Lizards files because while they were in the restructured Nature's Wonders runtime, they weren't in the current folder structure.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Probably the easily way to tell is all the fauna files (frogs, lizards, turtles, etc) are saved in character .duf (DS) and as .cr2 (poser). I included an "Upgrading Nature's Wonders" PDF in the updated versions... here's a clip from that showing the folder format...

1622931070190.png

...I should also add that the front page of my songbirdremix.com website keeps the current list of all the SBRM sets that have undergone the "big update"

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
A render testing the DS version of my updated Australia v1... a much better kingfisher than the previous version ;) The update is in beta now and should be released soon.

The Azure Kingfisher is found in Northern and Eastern Australia and Tasmania, as well as in the Moluccas and Lesser Sundas (Indonesia), New Guinea and surrounding islands. Their habitat includes the banks of vegetated rivers and creeks as well as billabongs, lakes, swamps and dams, usually in shady overhanging vegetation. It is sometimes seen in parks on rivers, as well as duck or goldfish ponds in urban areas.

It's a medium sized Kingfisher measuring 17-19 cm (6.7-7.5 inches) in length. It sits on a perch 1–10 m above water, occasionally bobbing head or cocking tail, or moving whole body up and down; then plunges into water for prey and returns with it to perch, where the prey is battered before being swallowed head first. Sometimes, it hovers briefly above its prey before diving into the water. In a deep dive, the whole body is streamlined, but in a shallow one the wings are half-open. It occasionally takes insects in flight, or terrestrial beetles from the ground. It will follow a foraging platypus (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) to catch fish and shrimps disturbed by it.

kingfisher.jpg

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Beautifully done @Ken Gilliland , I grow up around the Eurasian Kingfisher (Alcedo atthis) by the Baltic sea regions , they breed always by the river banks but then migrate to west Europe for the winter time, I just read this morning the Kookaburra belong to this species family as well , did not know that .

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Kookaburras, yes.... are part of the Kingfisher family, as well, surprisingly are Bee-eaters, Rollers, Todies and Motmots. The Syndactyl model, which I revised for the updates, unlocks all these other birds for other updates and future sets.

What is Syndactyl? Three toes in front, with two of them joined to the knuckle, and thumb in the back. The one unjoined toe in front can work the hind toe to better grab fish.

We live in the outskirts of Los Angeles and for a summer had a Belted Kingfisher visiting by our house daily as it followed a flood control channel behind our house. The Belted Kingfisher isn't that flashy (a gray and white bird) but it pretty much the only Kingfisher the continental US gets...

In any case, I'm excited to have the Syndactyl model done because that unlocks the updates to Second Edition, Cool and Unusual Birds v2, Amazon and Yucatan.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I did not know they have have the Syndactyl's features
I find the Belted Kingfisher not less beautiful , and they are big compared to our Eurasian Kingfisher

I think it is very cute and beautiful bird as well, sadly never came across this one yet
the female with the chestnut belly band and flanks is much more colorful than the male

Attachments

• belted-kingfisher.jpg
    belted-kingfisher.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 18045_143151_alanmurphy_beltedkingfisher_0.jpg
    18045_143151_alanmurphy_beltedkingfisher_0.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 109

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Belted is in my Cool and Unusual v2 set; Yucatan has the American Pygmy Kingfisher and Amazon has the Amazon Kingfisher (of course).

There are so many really cool Kingfishers it's hard to chose, but here's a list I came up with for a pending Kingfisher set... The Crested Kinfisher (link included) is definitely a 'wow' in my book.

Crested kingfisherMegaceryle lugubris
Green KingfisherChloroceryle americana
Pied kingfisherCeryle rudis
Giant kingfisherMegaceryle maxima
River Kingfishers
African pygmy kingfisherIspidina picta
Common kingfisherAlcedo atthis
Oriental dwarf kingfisherCeyx erithaca
Blue-banded kingfisherAlcedo euryzona
Tree/Wood Kingfishers
Moustached kingfisherActenoides bougainvillei
Woodland kingfisherHalcyon senegalensis
Banded kingfisherLacedo pulchella
Buff-breasted paradise kingfisherTanysiptera sylvia
Green-backed kingfisherActenoides monachus
Red-backed kingfisherTodirhamphus pyrrhopygia
Lilac kingfisherCittura cyanotis
Spangled kookaburraDacelo tyro

My real problem is that I have so many projects I want to do, as well as sloughing through the updates (still about 35 to go in my vast library-- my wife has joked, though its probably true, by the time I get them all done, it will be time to start updating them again. lol)

Hopefully, this month will bring the updated Australia v1 and its new companion, Lyrebird set (both species of Lyrebird; Albert's & Superb, M/F models and all three Superb subspecies) and my Cicadas of the World sets. For July, I'll push for those 4 updates (Second Edition, C&U v2, Amazon and Yucatan) and being overly optimistic, Bee-eaters of the World. Realistically though August is more likely. I had hoped to be working on all the Seabirds updates by summer but now that's looking like fall-early winter.

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
wow that is a lot of stuff on your plate Ken ! your wife was sadly right ! but what you doing is so amazing and unique like no other.
The Cicadas madness is ON , you can have also tacos now with fresh baked Cicadas and other dishes lol
The Common kingfisher is my favorite
but the Crested kingfisher is indeed something else
it reminded me of
another special brid from my childhood since I grow up close with the nature
is this Eurasian Hoopoe in my native language called " Dudek" I never forget the first time I came across this bird, I was speechless
I believe the most exotic looking bird in our region .

Attachments

• !dudek).jpg
    !dudek).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 110