• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Best way to hide whiskers in Zbrush?

esha

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I assume that they were modelled as separate objects and then attached to the animal. If that is the case, you can use the polygroup features.
Go to the Polygroups sub-palette and use the Auto Group button.
Now you can use Ctrl-Shift to hide and show the polygroups. See also here: Polygroups | ZBrush Docs

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Masking? Seems to unprecise. Is there a better way?
I know it is an old thread already Janet and you probably found your way already.
Masking can be very imprecise especially if you use tablet pen , or pressure point , it is easy to miss a spot especially on small objects like whiskers.
The best way is to hide the whiskers as Esha stated already, but what I am doing is clicking on the whiskers holding Ctrl+Shift , hide everything else and use the mask from the Mask Tab or click on the empty screen holding Ctrl, it will automatic mask the whole whiskers , why it is good ? because now you can work with dynamic subdivision while making morphs because you can't actually hide the whiskers as it will turn off the dynamic subdivision . I have the same issue when working on Dawn figures, the eyelashes are a problem when using dynamic subdivision, and for my liking it should be already separated conforming figure. Plus not everyone uses this type of eyelashes anyway.
So what I do is masking the whole figure beside the eyelashes and move them far away from the head , after I finish morph, I bring them back to the spot using moving brush, this way I can use dynamic subdivision and nothing stand me in my way, you could do the same with the whiskers in place of maskin it .