• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris, are you literally piecing all these back together and stitching them? Your a master at this. Did that for a set of gloves I was struggling to make for La'Femme and then they told me use her base to make them but I already had the Catsuit made, so chopped off my home made gloves and got her hands and stitched them on and with some wizardry remeshed JUST the catsuit to get them to mesh better and then had to re UV the whole thing. I went an easy way with it though as I had a TON of cleanup work to do after the stitching.... bloody mess! :p

Yeah, UV work can be a challenge, sure takes patience I've found.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Still on it, and progressing on UVs.

Uberwork517.JPG

Uberwork518.JPG

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Chris, I believe you'd mentioned that the collar was folded over (front and back to the collar). Is that also the case with the overlapping front of the shirt?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris, I believe you'd mentioned that the collar was folded over (front and back to the collar). Is that also the case with the overlapping front of the shirt?

Yes, that is true to a point. The left and right sides of the shirt are the same on the base. The underside of the front has about an inch worth of geometry extended. With a morph I created a buttoned up look, and a variety of others as shown below. However, when the shirt is fully open and underside is exposed, that will rely on seeing the underside of the texture map to see. Does that make sense?

Uberwork396.JPG

Shirt base.

Uberwork450.JPG

First morph in button up position.

Uberwork454.JPG

Open morph.

Uberwork459.JPG

Blown open morph with inside of shirt geometry showing reversed faces just to show inside mesh better. But this would rely on seeing the back side of any textures to see in a render.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, it's been 10 days. Does this mean that Dawn 2.0 is getting readied for release?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been working on another exciting project not yet ready for prime time. Wow, going to be sweet!! That's all I have to say about that for now.

But... back to the shirt UVs. Almost done now. Just the left side end of the sleeve and buttons to do, then onto the other clothing items which will go much faster I promise.

Uberwork521.JPG
Uberwork522.JPG

DanaTA

Distinguished
Bald-faced hornets? Aren't those the black and white ones? I almost included those in my set but decided volume 1 should be "yellowy" ones
Been working on another exciting project not yet ready for prime time. Wow, going to be sweet!! That's all I have to say about that for now.

But... back to the shirt UVs. Almost done now. Just the left side end of the sleeve and buttons to do, then onto the other clothing items which will go much faster I promise.

View attachment 63206View attachment 63207

Haste makes waste! Don't rush just because people are waiting. They'll wait a little longer in order to get the quality they're used to! I think I speak for most of the folks here.

Dana