• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
They were spending time on Turlough’s planet so they had to make an effort to fit in with the time they were living in, clearly something much easier for Turlough to do than Caoimhe. Fitting in meant doing what others were doing so they felt they needed to join in with the New Year craze of getting fit. It was not a big problem, after all the craze generally only lasted a couple of weeks at the most.

Turlough had the idea that a cycle ride was a good way to show some good intent at exercise and they had met on the forest path as arranged. Turlough’s idea of a gentle bike ride was not what Caoimhe seemed to have in mind though for, unless her research was amiss, which was unlikely, she was dressed as little more aggressive exercise the Turlough had in mind.

Aut Bike Ride HWRD.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
I hadn't seen this render in a long while. It's actually a screen shot of some pancakes and syrup I made in Blender.

Attachments

• Pancakes and syrup.png
    Pancakes and syrup.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 244

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Earl, now I have to go eat dinner, as that render made me very hungry. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
To everyone, I can’t view art in these threads like I can in the Gallery section... ( on my iPhone) so I can’t comment or get a quote to work right, darn it!

Suffice to say I’m really enjoying ALL the art here...

But Um ... Hornet your art looked squished horizontally on my iPhone, darn it . It would be nice if you made a gallery....(or is your latest piece of your lady working graveyard wider than tall?)

Anyway love all your art folks!

Hornet3d

Wise
To everyone, I can’t view art in these threads like I can in the Gallery section... ( on my iPhone) so I can’t comment or get a quote to work right, darn it!

But Um ... Hornet your art looked squished horizontally on my iPhone, darn it . It would be nice if you made a gallery....(or is your latest piece of your lady working graveyard wider than tall?)

Not sure why my render would display squished but I have added the one above, and my latest to my Caoimhe Album. Of late I have also posted my renders into my Gallery at Rendo but I tend not to add the story line.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe was both intrigued and confused, the panels looked out of place in such a location. The lights implied they were active in some way but were they some form of art or something much more sinister. She found them enticing but grotesque at one and the same time.

Confusing Corridor HWRD.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Hornet3d - could you give me a direct link to your Renderosity gallery? Maybe it would be more proper to give me the link in a private message here? Not sure... Anyway Thanks

Carey

Extraordinary

I prefer to be loved like a dog if that is okay, just find me a window where the sunlight comes in and just let me lay....lol

Hornet3d

Wise

Sorry I did not pick up on your question the first time around and therefore I did not answer so apologies for that. Yes the Graveyard Shift render is wider than it is tall but then so are all of my renders. Each year I create a photo book of my art and for the last few years it has been in A4 landscape, some are even fold flat so that I can get a landscape spread across two pages. As I pick what the renders to be included just before I have the book printed any of my renders created in the last year are possible candidates (at least they are at the time I create them). With printing in mind both the format and the quality are high when I render and the resultant render is far to large to post on line. I have a set procedure for this so that all the reduced renders for posting are run through the same process.

A long winded way of saying that the render in question is wider than it is tall but no more or less so than any other render I have created in the last four years except those rendered with a double page spread in mind.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Welp! This year's Hoggy-Warty Xmas fest has posted its reveal. So I can now post the illos that I did for it. They've been reduced for the forum, and this first one is too large to be posted at its original size anywhere. So this is just an idea of what it entails.

This was actually a commission by the mod of the fest to be downloaded and used as a desktop picture or wallpaper by the members. It will be posted on Red Hen a bit larger than this, along with a full resolution copy for download if anyone happens to want one. I tend to doubt it.

The staffroom may make further appearances, but I suspect that this fest may be the last use of this iteration of the characters. These are all Genesis 1 figures, I've spent some time this summer and autumn re-creating most of the continuing characters as Genesis 8 figures. And 'Toonifying them.

I'll upload the rest of this group individually over the next few days.
Staffroom-post.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well the mod did a great job on this render JOdel. I'm not sure I would ever attempt a scene with so many characters in it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, like I say, they are Genesis 1. That's probably about the lowest-poly figure available apart from some dedicated low-res ones. I think there are something like 17 or 18 different characters in the render. (Binns was added in postwork).

Fortunately I've learned about instancing for various of the props and decorations, so I was able still to shift the camera to some degree.

I think I ought to have rephrased; this was commissioned by the mod. I did the actual scene and rendering.