• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
What an exciting. I mean ... terrifying commute home! It started raining about halfway home. Not raining. Heavy, heavy, so heavy you couldn't see anything in front of you even with the wipers on full, torrential downpour. In my life, I've never been in rain quite as heavy or as blinding. Heavy yes, but not like this. The streets were instant rivers because the storm drains couldn't handle the amount of water pouring into them, and when I got home, the water was fountaining out of the drains in the parking garage. Drains I wasn't even aware were there until today!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes we had pretty bad weather here as well. It was only raining when I went to the store a bit after 5:00pm, but not long after I got home the thunder was roaring right over my head, and the rain was torrential.

What you described happened to me once many years ago on my way home from a friend's house in New Jersey. Luckily it was very late at night, so I pulled off to the side of the road, had my bright lights on, and my tail lights flashing. I had to sit there for a while before I could continue, because I couldn't see past the hood ornament on my car, that's how hard it was raining, and I had never see anything like that before or since, so not what I would call the usual hard rain.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Got to 85F here today. Better than the upper 90s. There was a threat of thunderstorms, but it just passed us by. Tomorrow it might be more likely to rain, though.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
I've seen rain that heavy several times in my life. All of them while I was out driving! Scary. When I can, I pull over and stop when that happens. But once or twice, I was in the center lane on a highway, and had no choice but to stay there...but everyone slowed to a near stop. A few years ago, I was on I93 North, in New Hampshire. it started to pour like crazy. Then, it started to turn to hail. And it was a hard driven hail, and they were pea sized. They were coming down so hard, it made a lot of noise, and I thought it was going to damage my car. It didn't. It let up after a few minutes and traffic started moving again.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think I've ever been driving during a hail storm, but I was glad that bad storm I was driving in was late at night, because if there was one or two other cars on the road with me, that was a lot.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The first half of my commute home is through non-residential areas with no shoulders, but curb to curb traffic lanes. Once in the park, there are a few parking lots you can pull into. The storm hit just as I'd exited the park, but before I was on the residential streets. By the time I was on the residential streets where it would have been safe to pull over and stop, the rain had lessened just enough to see again. At least traffic slowed WAY down once it started raining. One of the few times Philly drivers actually slowed down.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just a few minutes ago, the sky opened up. It sounded like a waterfall on my roof! And there was lightning and thunder. It already seem to have passed over now. But the weather forecast told us to expect it all the rest of the early morning. I hope that's it, though.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, it was bright sunny and hot today, but right now it's thundering, lightning, and pouring rain. ~sheesh~

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Gale force winds here today and more tomorrow... Piers are getting blown away, gummies are toppling over and rooves are flying!
and temps are down to zero c ...

August is here -- as shown in the photo I took this morning... it's dangerous out there!

Attachments

• Windy Woody.jpg
    Windy Woody.jpg
    638.6 KB · Views: 186

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's rather cool actually. Is the snow and bushfires in the same area?

Granted, it's not at all uncommon for a thunder and lightning storm to start a forest/grass fire. After all, a wee bit of rain (or snow) isn't going to reverse weeks of heat ... especially if it's been extreme heat and everything is as dry as a tinderbox. That's pretty much like trying to put out a fire by spitting on it.