• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Hmmm,

Great image, I like the 'steam punk' look (OK, Victorian dress) with the modern bus.
Hmmm, if you're on a The Hollies kick (I know, double article, but it is the group's name), maybe tackle Stop Stop Stop (all that dancing)? I've always thought that would be a great song to illustrate.

thanks, nope.. did the image first and then thought.... Hollies :geek:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
buttercup.jpg

I am leaning toward this as my comic style, even though it will increase my render times. I render it first, and all the comic effects are done in GIMP and then Comic Life 3.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Another attempt at Iray. I don't much like Iray, since it takes way too long to render with any clarity, and photorealism isn't really my thing, anyhow. Besides, the lights do screwy things.

L'Adair gave me some tips over in one of the DAZ forums on how to adjust the settings so it will just go on rendering, instead of stalling out and saying it's finished after 2 hours. I gave this one 18 hours, and while the room looked fine after about 2.5, the skin was still showing some noise when I finally had enough. I was intending to run it through an analog art filter anyway, so the remaining noise wasn't likely to be a problem.

Frontispiece for one of my private reading copies, so not ever likely to be posted anywhere other than this image here.
Should be easy enough to guess who it's supposed to be.

Frontspiece.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
And now for something completely different... Followed a quick 3DSMAX tutorial from Renderosity to model this low poly bowl (6648 faces) riddled with random holes. I love those tutorials that show how to model something quick and simple, but that looks rather complex. Took longer to UV map it than to model it. Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

Vase.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The station had a perfectly good gym but that did not change the tradition Caoimhe had for running the corridors of the station in the early morning and sometimes, late evening. It was something she had done on the very first flight into space all those years ago, not only did it help her keep in shape it helped her to think. It was a habit she had not intention of breaking.

Morning Run HW.jpg

Location - Solaris Corridor by Petipet
Outfit - Brandy Sportswear for Dawn by Hunter 3D

Carey

Extraordinary
by golly, it actually looks like she is running through space..well almost...did you know it is dangerous to run around the ship in artificial gravity? your forward speed can overload the circuit...Surprised you didn't know that...You simply must read more sci-fi and gey your facts right....lol

Carey

Extraordinary
The station had a perfectly good gym but that did not change the tradition Caoimhe had for running the corridors of the station in the early morning and sometimes, late evening. It was something she had done on the very first flight into space all those years ago, not only did it help her keep in shape it helped her to think. It was a habit she had not intention of breaking.

View attachment 49120

Location - Solaris Corridor by Petipet
Outfit - Brandy Sportswear for Dawn by Hunter 3D

by golly, it actually looks like she is running through space..well almost...did you know it is dangerous to run around the ship in artificial gravity? your forward speed can overload the circuit...Surprised you didn't know that...You simply must read more sci-fi and gey your facts right....lol

Hornet3d

Wise

No, I did not know that, I do read a lot of sci-fi and it seems a common theme so it looks like I am reading the wrong books :). I do read quite a few self published books, both sci-fi and crime so that might explain it but then I do get to read stories that would not see the light of day before e-books came along.

Hornet3d

Wise
As with the rest of Hunter 3D's outfits I like the Brandy Sportsware outfit a lot, great selection of materials and they play nicely in the cloth room. All I had to do in the above render was to smooth a crease at the top of her right thigh with the morph brush, otherwise I think it is a great fit for such tight clothing.

Carey

Extraordinary
No, I did not know that, I do read a lot of sci-fi and it seems a common theme so it looks like I am reading the wrong books :). I do read quite a few self published books, both sci-fi and crime so that might explain it but then I do get to read stories that would not see the light of day before e-books came along.
lol, I made it all up, that is what story telling is all about...lol see you on Mars some day............

Hornet3d

Wise
lol, I made it all up, that is what story telling is all about...lol see you on Mars some day............

That is part of the beauty of sci-fi, you can make up your own rules and tech unlike crime thrillers where they have to stay earth bound to be believable. I love every sci-fi author's take on Fast Than Light travel, wormholes, jump points and all the different ways to get from one galaxy to the next, to say nothing of the different weapons they dream up.