• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I know, Miss B! Imagine coming across one of them of a dark night ~shudder~. Even though you KNOW there are no snakes in NZ, I think you would have your doubts!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Nature's Wonders Kiwi Burrow
Songbird ReMix Kiwis (Great Spotted Kiwi)
Australian Vol I (Pallid Cuckoo) by Ken Gilliland
Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Puiri Moth)

Sanctuary

Sanctuary.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice render MrRat. I always like renders with two totally opposite characters in it. :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I like that Mr Rat
I just got the kiwi burrow as well... it would also do for a wombat hole... If I had a wombat that is :-(
Rendered in Carrara

Kiwi Nest.jpg

Looks great, Stezza! Here is the worm link Noggin's EasyPose Worm

I've been researching NZ earthworms and discovered we have a monster called the North Auckland worm, Spenceriella gigantis, that grows to 1.4m/55inches long, 11 mm/ 1/2inch in diameter...wow, that's a big'un!

Thanks Lorraine - got it :geek:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's a hoot, MrRat! Not sure if they're friends or whether the bird is dinner ;)

That's cracker, AD! Gorgeous lighting :)

Szark

Awesome
very cool Stezza and Flint

Here is an updated 3delight render using basic distant light and UE2 outdoor preset. After looking at a lot of images of Kiwis I went back to the start and made a new hair and got to this. Now to see what it looks like in Iray. 800 mb per hair when exported as obj. Lucky I just threw in another 8 GB of RAM. :)

kiwi3dl1 copy.jpg

PS there are a couple of stray hairs where the wings are. Darn things are on the inside and I cannot get at them. I would postwork it out or as in this when I impost as an OBJ I will delete the stray hairs with the Geometry Editor Tool in DS.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the nice comments. Also Lovely work Stezza, Szark and Lorraine. Don't you just love these cute little birds!