• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show us your Mule Deer Renders!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Hidden T
newest-deerbentjpeg-small.jpg
reasure

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
This young Mule Deer Buck, his antlers still in velvet, had planned to get a drink, but he has been interrupted by Tricolored Blackbirds, who have nests among the cattails to protect.

Credits:

HiveWire Mule Deer by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D (also available at Renderosity)

SBRM Shorebirds - Wading Birds (Wooping Crane) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
Songbird Remix (Tricolored Blackbird) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

SBRM Duck Pond by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
Indian Grass by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Flinks Instant Meadow: Weeds by Flink at Renderosity
Plant Foundation-Mediterranean Wilds by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
Wonderful Morning by Sergiy Dobrovolskyy (Renderosity Username: "1971s") at Renderosity
Summer Sunrises by Sergiy Dobrovolskyy (Renderosity Username: "1971s") at Renderosity

Water's Edge
Waters Edge.jpg

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
This young Mule Deer Buck, his antlers still in velvet, had planned to get a drink, but he has been interrupted by Tricolored Blackbirds, who have nests among the cattails to protect.

Credits:

HiveWire Mule Deer by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D (also available at Renderosity)

SBRM Shorebirds - Wading Birds (Wooping Crane) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
Songbird Remix (Tricolored Blackbird) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

SBRM Duck Pond by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
Indian Grass by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Flinks Instant Meadow: Weeds by Flink at Renderosity
Plant Foundation-Mediterranean Wilds by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
Wonderful Morning by Sergiy Dobrovolskyy (Renderosity Username: "1971s") at Renderosity
Summer Sunrises by Sergiy Dobrovolskyy (Renderosity Username: "1971s") at Renderosity

Water's Edge
View attachment 45953
So love this one! Three of my favorite things, deer, cat tails, and red winged blackbirds!

Dan30

Adventurous
Excellent image!! Love the drama!!
Oh I have to agree! Well done Dan30. :)
Fab work, Dan!! (As always:)

Thank you kindly everyone, delighted that you like it. Making this image was not without hiccups though, as I experienced several crashes and weird things happening with the furry animals until I was finally able to render it. Bright side is, trying to pinpoint and solve the problem is always a good learning experience. At least it is for me. :)

Dan30

Adventurous
How did you make the buck's coat look so good? Is there a lamh setting for it?
Like Alisa said, LAMH fur for the deer are CWRW creations to be published soon.
In my image I adjusted the bump and specularity of the coat and also made a displacement using the bump map until it looked as if it were fur from a mid distance. I found that you ca get away with mid and distant shots with just that, without using an actual fur, especially when using the CWRW's great texture maps.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
White Stag
White Stag SML.jpg

Products Used: HiveWire Horse, HiveWire Mule Deer Buck, Whisper's Silver Coat, Song Bird Remix's Nature's Wonders Moths , Natures Wonders Moths of the World 2 Textures, Dryad Leaf Scatter, RDNA Freebie Rain atmospheric, RDNA Winter Trees Vol 2, Background created in flowscape, Iray Frosted Glass for the antlers.