• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just killed me....

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*wipes away tears* What a song to choose....

Powerful message and great animation.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Sure is hon. We all need to be aware of the powers that be that are slowly killing Mother Earth and causing our animals to go into early extinction! :-(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze, those who can walk away without tears in their eyes have no feelings whatsoever.

You're right Rich, that was very well done, and certainly gets the message across. ~shakes head~

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The really sad and PATHETIC thing is, I put this post on the DAZ 3D forums... they removed it! :mad:

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
The really sad and PATHETIC thing is, I put this post on the DAZ 3D forums... they removed it! :mad:

Did they give you a reason for removing it? They may well have been concerned whether or not it was legal to repost it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
IF it was illegal the share buttons on YouTube would have been disabled. No, they have some weird rules and regulations over there. The mods remove anything they deem "inappropriate" but funny how they let questions about computers and the like remain... not really part of their message. The video uses all CG based critters and props so it DOES fall within the "artsy" acceptance. They just don't like the message... which makes is SEEM that they don't care about the earth or it's inhabitants, just the money they make off us and the praise that's heaped on the works that come out of their store. Sad! Truly sad and pathetic!

Last edited:

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
IF it was illegal the share buttons on YouTube would have been disabled. No, they have some weird rules and regulations over there. The mods remove anything they deem "inappropriate" but funny how they let questions about computers and the like remain... not really part of their message. The video uses all CG based critters and props so it DOES fall within the "artsy" acceptance. They just don't like the message... meaning they don't care about the earth or it's inhabitants, just the money they make off us and the praise that's heaped on the works that come out of their store. Sad! Truly sad and pathetic!

To be honest I think that's an unfair judgement on the moderators, who I believe are volunteers and not paid by Daz. I some how doubt its the message they object to but some other reason, I haven't watched the video so can't comment but they do try to keep politics out of the forum completely and sometimes may be a bit to zealous in their approach

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree with you as far as the moderators being volunteers tparo, but I'm sure they've been told what to specifically eliminate if it gets posted. The "owners" there were never seen/heard from on the forums back when I spent most of my days there, and I'm sure they still don't now-a-days, but that doesn't mean someone isn't in direct communication with the moderators.

Our moderators, myself included, have rules we have to follow, as I'm sure they do. The fact we're not as strict as far as posting videos such as this one, just shows you the folks we answer to here are a caring group of folks. I think Rich got it right when he stated they only care about the money the site's products are making for them. They're business men (and/or women), and not folks who are actually involved with the day-to-day goings on with respect to the forum as Chris and Lisa are here. That's a big difference in my book. I don't blame Richard Haseltine, Chohole or any of the other moderators at DAZ, whose names I don't recall, they're following orders.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Please keep this on topic without discussion/negative comments about policies at another store.

Or do I have to go in and drizzle honey over posts? (ie edit/remove things)?
:bee::beehive:

Final comment on this issue, please: Just because the the video was removed over there it does NOT mean that they don't care about the earth or its inhabitants. We do not know what the reason for doing so was, and only the mods there can answer why it was removed.

To me, just the animation in it is worthy of having it in the forums...and I trust you all to NOT get into a political discussion concerning the content in the video.

Please don't let me down ;)

:thankyou:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Well, as noted, I'm expecting that our forum members will NOT allow that to happen.

The only ruckus that belongs at HW is this one :):

Hornet3d

Wise
Certainly a great animation with a powerful message and I am glad it was posted as it is a good example of the impact a short animation can have. I can see how it could generate a political debate and as politics is usually banned in forums like this I can also see why it might be removed. Despite that it is a good example of how our art can be used and that alone should merit it's posting (personal view).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I couldn't finish watching it.

The decimation and extinction of so many species ... because of our actions ... just breaks my heart. With each species we lose, we are one more step closer to our own extinction.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, don't get me started with the honey bees. Breaks my heart. I'm allergic to them but I don't wish them gone. They are SO important for so much in this world. I really hope Science is thinking about stuff like this because on the current trajectory I can't imagine them being with us much longer and then what? :cry: