• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
So yesterday's less than pleasant start was a good indication of how the rest of my morning was to shape up.
I now have to work out how I can patch the radiator hose to make the two hour drive home without blowing the motor

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Supost to be heading home Monday but that will depend, now, on if I can drive. Walked up to the shops this morning with the friend I am visiting and on the way back stepped in a hole and wrenched my ankle really badly. Have spent the rest of the day on the sofa with an icepack and only moving when I absolutely have to :confused:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I did that once years ago. My Podiatrist at the time had me get an elastic sock to wear, and I think I wore it for over 2 months before I had no pain at all. The sock also controlled the swelling. I got mine at my local pharmacy back then, because they had a room on the second floor where they had crutches, and such things you don't normally find at a pharmacy. They even had a soft shoe cast I needed when I fractured my foot a number of years later.

This is at Amazon, which I'm not sure you have access to, but if you do, this is useful for a number of reasons, including a sprained foot. The elastic sock I had (only needed the one) was thicker than what the one at Amazon looks like, but this looks like what you need.

Spotbrace Medical Compression Breathable Ankle Brace

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
So far a day of icepacks and movie watching has left me with no swelling and only a little pain, @Miss B I had one of those sock things years ago and I found it made things worse for me, then that could have been down to the fact I had cracked one of the small bones

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So far a day of icepacks and movie watching has left me with no swelling and only a little pain, @Miss B I had one of those sock things years ago and I found it made things worse for me, then that could have been down to the fact I had cracked one of the small bones
Probably, because I think those socks are just for pain relief from a sprain or one of the other conditions mentioned. When I had the crack in my foot, I wound up with a soft shoe cast, as the sock wouldn't have been at all beneficial.

At least you're keeping the swelling down, as that can cause even more pain. I also wear high top sneakers that come up over the ankle, which helps with swelling as well.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am home in one piece, can walk without too much of a limp,the car didn't blow up and I have replacement part ordered so yeah things are improving :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
managed to put my foot down slightly wrong today and have set it aching again, on the up side the patch on the radiator hose is holding so I am not carless while I wait for the replacement and my boy came home today :)

Hornet3d

Wise
managed to put my foot down slightly wrong today and have set it aching again, on the up side the patch on the radiator hose is holding so I am not carless while I wait for the replacement and my boy came home today :)

Sorry to hear about you ankle I know how that can hurt as a year or so ago I stumbled over a small wall and bent my foot back way past the design spec of the ankle. I finished up with a badly wrenched ankle and massive bruising to my toes which resulted in a visit to Accident and Emergency in the early hours of the following morning when it became very swollen and painful. Luckily I had not broken anything which amazed the doctor as he could not understand how I had not broken a toe at least. Still spent three weeks on crutches though.

Anyway, glad you seem to be on the mend and got home safely without further damage to the car, I have my fingers crossed your luck continues to hold.