• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Happy New Year!!!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
I may actually be asleep when the ball drops, so if I'm not up to say so then, I'm saying so now....

Have fun, but please don't drink and drive!:balloon01:

robert952

Brilliant
I always figure it is midnight SOMEWHERE and go to bed when I please.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!.

Being the City of Oaks, they drop a large copper acorn to bring in the new year in Raleigh, North Carolina. The event is called First Night.

The acorn is on display in a park the year round. A few days before New Year's Eve, they remove the acorn and polish it up nice and bright for the event. Then it is dropped to bring in the new year twice.

One aspect runs for children/families from 2 PM to 6 PM and an early countdown at 7PM. Families can bring in the new year together and get the kids home at a decent hour. Some may even return to the party after getting the kids home I am sure.

The party goes on with an 'official drop' at midnight.

I consider the 7 PM drop close enough so that I can call it an evening. As you say, it's midnight somewhere.

eclark1894

Visionary
HAPPY NEW YEAR!.

Being the City of Oaks, they drop a large copper acorn to bring in the new year in Raleigh, North Carolina. The event is called First Night.

The acorn is on display in a park the year round. A few days before New Year's Eve, they remove the acorn and polish it up nice and bright for the event. Then it is dropped to bring in the new year twice.

One aspect runs for children/families from 2 PM to 6 PM and an early countdown at 7PM. Families can bring in the new year together and get the kids home at a decent hour. Some may even return to the party after getting the kids home I am sure.

The party goes on with an 'official drop' at midnight.

I consider the 7 PM drop close enough so that I can call it an evening. As you say, it's midnight somewhere.

Yeah, I live in Raleigh. The acorn, if you ever wish to see it up close, is in Moore Square park on the Martin St. side which is closer to the street. All in all, the Acorn is only a few blocks down and over from Fayetteville street whee the drop the acorn on New Years Eve. I never go myself. It just doesn't seem a smart thing to do to go out on a night where people are encouraged to drink and celebrate.

Karth

Eager
Contributing Artist
Happy New Year everyone,
we are at home.
I hate always this.."you have to be awake until midnight"
We don´t do any pyhro... we spend the Money to the animal home near our town.
This year our youngest daughter will be with us..so we will Play a bit wii until we go to bed..hehe
Best Thing today is - i can hear Music a bit louder :)
Enjoy what you do :)

Best for 2019 ....
you know...winter is coming :)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Oooh, fireworks. My favorite bit. Only I didn't sit up to watch "New Year at the Needle" or whatever Seattle had this year. (Seattle is nearest big city -- about 30 miles off.) Haven't gone to find out what might be posted on line either. So, nice that there's a picture.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually Rowan, you haven't missed anything, because the fireworks won't be until midnight tonight, December 31st. I actually should've waited until tomorrow to post this. ;)

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
And I've been so deepinto projects that I really don't notice which day it is anyhow. Sunny or stormy, I notice that. Not the date, much.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually, the hivewire site says Jan 1...
Then you probably don't have it set to your timezone, though I'm 2 hours ahead of Utah, and Utah is an hour ahead of you, so if my computer said it was 12/31/18, that's what the date was.

Right now it's 1:00am on Tuesday, January 1, 2019, so it should be 10:00pm on Monday, December 31,2018 where you are.

DanaTA

Distinguished
HAPPY NEW YEAR!.

Late, but...Happy New Year, everyone! Odd that they call it First Night. Boston calls it that, too. Actually it's the last night! First day of the new year.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Late, but...Happy New Year, everyone! Odd that they call it First Night. Boston calls it that, too. Actually it's the last night! First day of the new year.

Dana
Technicality. Midnight may usher in the first Day of the New year, but it occurs at night, unless you're in the land of the Midnight Sun.