• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yeah, that's pretty much during the Beatles era. A good many of the British bands dressed that way back then.

Terre

Renowned
One of the holiday shippers we got in was a Starbucks one. I decided to try the peppermint mocha ground.
My reaction: It'll work as a flavoring for other coffee but my home made chocolate peppermint coffee tastes much better.
Jim's reaction: Coffee is good. Chocolate is good. Peppermint is good. Chocolate in coffee is good. Peppermint in coffee is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

Terre

Renowned
Which is probably why half of the packages of that flavor were still left in the display even after I bought one.
This one smells much better than it tastes. In the future I'll go back to what I've been doing which is putting some peppermint extract in my coffee.

Hornet3d

Wise
One of the holiday shippers we got in was a Starbucks one. I decided to try the peppermint mocha ground.
My reaction: It'll work as a flavoring for other coffee but my home made chocolate peppermint coffee tastes much better.
Jim's reaction: Coffee is good. Chocolate is good. Peppermint is good. Chocolate in coffee is good. Peppermint in coffee is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

It even sounds horrible, to me at least. On the run up to Christmas were bought a pack of Gingerbread coffee pods for our coffee machine, it has got to have been the worst thing I have tasted in a long while and my wife had the same view. Looks like we use the coffee pods but chuck the flavored cream pods.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
We had a wonderfull christmas, spend the day at home and had dinner with my brother inlaw and his family. We played a game called '30 seconds' after. It's a game where you get 30 seconds to describe a word/title/person to your teammate without using a part of the word, humming a tune or gesturing it.
Gosh, I still have muscleache from laughing so much. Needless to say, my team lost but we had so much fun.

Hope all of you had an equally as good a christmas day.
Hugz

Hornet3d

Wise
We had a wonderfull christmas, spend the day at home and had dinner with my brother inlaw and his family. We played a game called '30 seconds' after. It's a game where you get 30 seconds to describe a word/title/person to your teammate without using a part of the word, humming a tune or gesturing it.
Gosh, I still have muscleache from laughing so much. Needless to say, my team lost but we had so much fun.

Hope all of you had an equally as good a christmas day.
Hugz

That does sound like great fun, glad you had such a good time. Our's was a little less hectic as we went out for Christmas Dinner with the in-laws, six courses in two hours and we also got to watch Santa deliver presents to the children, even the ones on the naughty list. We know they were on the naughty list as we watched a pair of inventive 7 or 8 year old girls let off a party popper up one man's trouser leg and later could be seen under the table again, this time drawing on the new looking white trainers of another male dinner on their table. I hope for their sake the pens were washable.

After the meal the in laws joined us when walking the dog, which was ideal after such a large meal, and then home to open our presents to each other. All in all a fairly relaxed but entertaining and enjoyable day.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We my Christmas morning started off really stressful. I locked my house/car keys inside the house. My phone was low on charge. I sent a message to hubby to say I wanted to break the back door but he wouldn't let me so I had to get a locksmith. I bet now hubby wishes he had let me break it as it cost $300 and a new back door (which we were looking at getting soon anyway) would have been half that much. So for 2 hours I sat in my car (which was unlocked) and listened to my poor dog howling like a wolf. He was too stressed for me to go to my in-laws so I stayed home for 2 hours (that's how long it took for him to calm down). I did eventually go to the in-laws for lunch so that was nice. I stayed 4 hours, came home with a massive headache (I think from the stressful morning of tears) and slept for a couple of hours. My neighbour brought over heaps of sweets so that's what I had for dinner, I'm surprised I didn't go into a sugar coma! LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't think I've ever locked my keys in the house, but I remember twice locking my keys in the car. I had shut it off, pulled the keys out of the ignition, and put it in my backpack, but wanted to pull the backpack out on the other side (passenger seat), but forgot and slammed the driver's door shut with the lock engaged. Sheesh I was p*ssed having to wait before someone came and got the door open for me.

First time was bad enough, the second was just plain humiliating.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I had my arms full of presents and home made ice-cream and thought I had the keys in my bag (turned out they were NOT the house/car ones!). The ice-cream didn't fair too well being outside for 2 hours, still tasted good after re-freezing it tho.

Hornet3d

Wise
I had my arms full of presents and home made ice-cream and thought I had the keys in my bag (turned out they were NOT the house/car ones!). The ice-cream didn't fair too well being outside for 2 hours, still tasted good after re-freezing it tho.

I have locked my keys in the car in the past but not recently, mind you that is only because the car will not lock if there are a set of keys in the car, it just bleeps at you.

Terre

Renowned
It's been a while since I locked my keys in the car. Fortunately I was home so I just came back in and got Jim's. I got lucky there.

Internet back up after being down over 20 hours.

Terre

Renowned
I don't think so. Our DSLs, both at home and work showed green for internet but we weren't able to actually go online. Something upline from the servers was down.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I should've bitten my tongue earlier, because we just had a short blackout about 1/2 hour ago. Luckily it only lasted a couple of minutes, but of course it took about 20 minutes for the damn set-top box to recycle itself. Hasn't happened in a long time, but so annoying when it does. At least the lights went back on right away. The phones, however, took a little longer. Thank goodness for cellphones.