• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a Christmas present from 3DU :flower02::flower03:
thankyou Steve :)
Rendered in Carrara

3DU Pug.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
just to get someone to turn up here without doing anything costs around $80AU then they charge in 15 minute increments usually..

Hornet3d

Wise
Thankfully, in the Philippines the so called professionals are fairly inexpensive. I know it's not like that everywhere.

My brother live in Poland and it seems very much the same there. Here the problems for such a job is threefold, firstly most will charge the earth which leads on to the second problem in that many don't want to do such a small job so price themselves out of the job (or get massively overpaid if the customer pays the inflated price). After all that the third problem kicks in, just what sort of professional do you end up with. I know it is the normal run of things that people talk of the negatives and not the positives but you hear lots of real horror stories of professional work and happy ones are as rare as hens teeth.

Hornet3d

Wise
just to get someone to turn up here without doing anything costs around $80AU then they charge in 15 minute increments usually..

Same in the UK most will charge £100+ then 15 minute or 30 minute increments which provides no incentive for them to do any job in a hurry.

Hornet3d

Wise
With the presents all wrapped and with the bows and ribbons now added Caoimhe had time to relax except she didn't, she couldn't. Any spare time just gave her the chance to worry, was still anxious, worried if she had bought too many presents, or not enough. Was the tree a good one and were there enough lights. Then there was the cottage, was it the sort of place where people in his time would enjoy Christmas. It was after all the first time she had done Christmas and everything she knew about it she had got either from snippets of information from Turlough as he talked fondly of his memories of what he called his favorite time of year, that, and what little research she had been able to do on such an obscure subject. For her it was midwinter season which she guessed, or hoped, was the most appropriate time and she thought, for better or worse, she was as ready as she ever would be. Now all she needed was to Turlough to turn up.

Christmas Eve HW2.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Very nice Hornet! That INRiver Cottage is one of my favorite sets. I've also used the fire from it for all sorts of other illos over the years. (It was worth the 2-3 days I spent grouping things according to all the face groups, so I could turn off the individual walls to place a camera.)

Heh! Carey, someone who is certainly qualified to bring gifts (where are they?)
And is it a donkey or a reindeer? Looks like a donkey, but it seems to have horns...

Hornet3d

Wise
Very nice Hornet! That INRiver Cottage is one of my favorite sets. I've also used the fire from it for all sorts of other illos over the years. (It was worth the 2-3 days I spent grouping things according to all the face groups, so I could turn off the individual walls to place a camera.)

Heh! Carey, someone who is certainly qualified to bring gifts (where are they?)
And is it a donkey or a reindeer? Looks like a donkey, but it seems to have horns...

Thank you and well spotted on the cottage used. I agree and the INRiver Cottage is one of my favorites too although I have not gone to the trouble grouping things so placing the camera is often difficult. The fire is well used and all I do is modify the materials to get a better glow when rendering in Superfly. There is so much included in the product it is almost a 'must have' for any runtime.

Hornet3d

Wise
She was more than a little tempted to take him up on his offer to carry her trunk to wherever she was going but also knew it could become very dangerous very quickly, so declined.

Christmas Delivery HW.jpg