• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

"Leaf Me Alone" Render Challenge! - CLOSED

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Final render:
Playing time
Playing time.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wonderful renders folks, keep them coming.

Oh, and in case no one's noticed, there's a new sale link near the top of the announcement post at the start of this thread.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Question do the images need to be square? ie 1600x1600 or can they be of a different aspect as long as the longest side is no more than 1600?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
can be anything up to that pixel size

300 x 110 would be acceptable I reckon though you wouldn't see much.. :coffee:

mine are usually around the 800 to 1000 pixels wide so well under the 1600..

The 1600 pixels wide or near to it is useless if you save in PNG format though as the forum won't accept them as their filesize is too large so they have to be in the lossy JPG format which I don't like. My image above is an example of that as it wouldn't upload in PNG so I had to resave it in JPG to upload. :cry:

:flower02:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What's the deadline for this? I just started my entry.
The deadline is midnight Utah time on Friday, November 30, 2018 Janet, so you have about 2 1/2 weeks. :)

Question do the images need to be square? ie 1600x1600 or can they be of a different aspect as long as the longest side is no more than 1600?
Exactly Dreamer. The longest side can't be larger than 1600px, but it most definitely doesn't have to be a square 1600px by 1600px.

The 1600 pixels wide or near to it is useless if you save in PNG format though as the forum won't accept them as their filesize is too large so they have to be in the lossy JPG format which I don't like. My image above is an example of that as it wouldn't upload in PNG so I had to resave it in JPG to upload.
Hey Stezza, I believe, in that case, it's not the pixel size of the PNG images that are the problem, but the actual weight that's the issue. PNG images, because they aren't lossy, are actually heavier than a JPG of the same pixel size.

IOW, your last submission would be 853.8kb in Photoshop's Maximum Quality JPG format, but it would also be 1.522mb in Photoshop's PNG-24 format. That's a very large difference in weight, and the forum obviously can't handle anything weighing that much, so where PNGs are concerned, it's the weight that's the issue, and not the pixel size.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
~ Final Render ~
I used Dawn in this one but because I had an idea on how to present her it may not look like her... hmmm.. so I attached a screen shot showing her in the scene.. I used the HWhorse just in case

Deleave It or Not

Deleave it Or Not.jpg

Attachments

• Dawn.jpg
    Dawn.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 224