• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Satira Capriccio Sneak Peeks

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL - I said you WANTED to do almost a million popups, not that there was leeway :p

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
The number of pop ups is looking like it might be an issue for some thing I have been working on off and on too :/

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
I thought we were limited to about 12 promos, and was stressing over how I was going to get everything that's included in Gaia's Daughters (poses, props, and the base set) squeezed into 12 promo images!

But ... with the leeway of including "almost" a million popup promos, I should be good!

OK, so I’m totally lost with this one.

What’s the difference between a promo image and a popup promo?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When referring to promo image and popup promo, the main promo image that appears on your product page along with the description and list of what's included is considered the promo image, while the additional images seen in the popup are popup promo images.

There is more flexibility in the aspect ration and size on the popup promo images (they can be square and up to 1600x1600), while the main promo image needs to be a specific aspect ratio and is limited to 1230x1600 wxh for portrait or 1600x900 wxh for landscape.

Most everyone just refers to them all as promo images. Until recently, I don't think I've ever even used the term popup promos.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I hope to have the promos finished by the end of the month, after which I will be able to submit. A minor health issue has been cutting into my computer time, so it's taken longer to get things done.

The hardest part with the promos is how the heck do I show everything without going over the limit on promo images!!!
Set something up to another gallery page say at DeviantArt or elsewhere. It is free and if it helps sell the product sold here better (because I for one can never get enough promo images of a product before putting down my money) it seems it should be something the TOS will allow. Or better yet set up a working thread where you post your renders as well as the renders of your testers and customers to show range of possibilities of the product in use real-time!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Base props will be a separate product from the poses and pose props.

Just got everything moved from Gaia's Daughters to the new runtime.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Carmen, I'll have a topic for each product once it's in the store, and everyone is welcome to post their renders in those topics. So far, my WIPS are here rather than in separate WIP topics.

I've pretty much quite using DeviantArt.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, they are.

For more information, check out Satira Capriccio Products at HiveWire 3D

Aoide, Daughter of Gaia
ADG Newsletter.jpg

Gaia's Gifts for Dawn
GG Newsletter.jpg

Gaia's Daughters for Dawn
GD Newsletter.jpg

Gaia's Rest
GR Newsletter.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From Ancient Greece to Victorian Edwardian England.

Very loosely based on Beatrix Potter's fabulous illustrations (Peter Rabbit, Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle, Mrs. Tittlemouse) and a sea hag, Beatrix Larkspur is a fae maid.

Originally conceived as a Christmas Witch character, she started moving in a different direction when I revisited my Flopsy character. With a name like Flopsy, I couldn't help but think about Beatrix Potter. As I continued to tweak the Flopsy character and changed from the Flopsy ears to her alternate Elvish ears, she suddenly became Beatrix.

Larkspur Weeds is the clothing set which so far includes Mop Cap, Jumper, Apron, Bloomers, Stockings (thigh high), and Pumps.
Larkspur Twists is the pose set ... which doesn't yet include any poses.

Beatrix Larkspur with Larkspur makeup
Beatrix Larkspur Face.jpg

Beatrix Larkspur in Larkspur Clothing
Beatrix in Larkspur Clothing.jpg

I so wanted a Hedgehog for this image, but Ken's updated Geese (Greylag Goose) work well too. Two copies of Clock Island by 1971s provided the scenery, along with Lisa's Salvia (since I have no Larkspur).

Silly me ... I modeled the shoes before the stockings. Since I didn't want to redo the shoes so the stockings could fit inside, I decided to go the frilly route, and added a frill that fits over the shoe. Since it's a separate group, as well as material zone, it can easily be turned off by setting the stocking feet invisible, or making the material zone invisible.

The Larkspur is such a beautiful flower ... but oh so toxic!
upload_2018-10-28_14-13-33.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The individual Larkspur Weeds pieces.

Larkspur Apron (Dynamic)

LW 00 Apron.png

Larkspur Bloomers (Dynamic)
LW 00 Bloomers.png

Larkspur Jumper (Dynamic)
LW 00 Jumper.png

Larkspur Mop Cap (Conforming)
LW 00 Mop Cap.png

Larkspur Pumps Left & Right (Smart Prop)
LW 00 Pump.png

Larkspur Stockings Left & Right (Conforming)
LW 00 Stockings.png

While weeds became associated with the black clothing worn by widows (Widows Weeds), originally weeds were simply articles of clothing. And of course, weeds also refers to plants that have the temerity to grow among and compete with cultivated plants.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, didn't take you long to take on another project! This is looking great Satira, though the hat made me think of a cook, rather than a maid, but then again, she might be both. ;)