• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Anchorage, Part 3

Hornet3d

Wise
Miss B, I so am. We haven't spent this much time together in forever and have only been able to do it this time because his dad is visiting his sister-in-law further south. It's doing Shannon the world of good having these few days off caring for his dad...I'm hoping it will turn into something regular.

Sounds a rare treat, I hope you both continue to have fun, make the most of it.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Look at this!!! The case arrived a week early, the mobo arrived yesterday, Shannon is still here, he's going to take his RAM out and put it in mine and go home to where his new RAM is, AND HE'S PUTTING MINE TOGETHER RIGHT NOW!!!! I am so excited I may pass out :laugh:

IMG_0902.JPG

And now the dog is helping!!

IMG_0904.JPG

Hornet3d

Wise
Look at this!!! The case arrived a week early, the mobo arrived yesterday, Shannon is still here, he's going to take his RAM out and put it in mine and go home to where his new RAM is, AND HE'S PUTTING MINE TOGETHER RIGHT NOW!!!! I am so excited I may pass out :laugh:

View attachment 39893

And now the dog is helping!!

View attachment 39894

Congratulations and good luck with the new machine. Also good to see that your dogs idea of helping is just like mine --- project managing.

Lorraine

I so envy you have your own on call computer whiz. If any thing happens with mine I am so sunk :eek:

It does take a few years to train them up...start early with your young fellow and he'll be right useful when he's a grownup ;) But I do feel for you...I don't know what I'd do without Shannon.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
It does take a few years to train them up...start early with your young fellow and he'll be right useful when he's a grownup ;) But I do feel for you...I don't know what I'd do without Shannon.
Lol my young one is all ready more at home with technology than I am. He is loving doing coding and robotics at school

Lorraine

Morning all! Back to the boat today and NO INTERNET :eek: for five days!! I will discover whether or not I am truly human or just masquerading as a cyborg ;) So today is tidy and pack up and wonder why the hell I brought so much STUFF ashore...and again when I get it all home and have to unpack it. I do admire those folk who can travel light...I am not one of them. My stuff helps me feel secure when I'm in someone else's home as does the unholy mess I make...I am also not a tidy soul. Except on my computer and bookshelves...you can tell what I truly care about ;) Catch yous fullas on the flip side!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know what you mean Lorraine. Although, I always travel very light. As long as I had my laptop with me, I was ok.

I sooo do not like not being home though, so I've stopped leaving it. I need a tiny home that can travel with me. But I'd have to hire someone to drive the truck towing my tiny house because there is no way on god's green(house) earth I would ever be comfortable driving anything BIG. Guess I'd have to have a tiny, tiny house travel trailer that can be towed by a Prius c (/cough) for when I want to vacation elsewhere in addition to a bigger tiny house home base.

Of course, if my home base was on the Oregon Coast, I wouldn't have to vacation anywhere ... because I'd be living in my dream vacation!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
:tantrum: can I just get off this ride now:please: First I get a scary af power bill that I then work out is most likely down to the fact the hot water cylinder is on the blink and the soonest the property manager will get my email about it is Monday morning, then I go to wash some wool tops only to find out after the machine has finished that the taps are back to front and the wool stuff just got a boiling hot wash. Then to cap things off tonight I find water all over the laundry floor coming from some where under/behind my machine :cry: Can I just quit now?

Hornet3d

Wise
:tantrum: can I just get off this ride now:please: First I get a scary af power bill that I then work out is most likely down to the fact the hot water cylinder is on the blink and the soonest the property manager will get my email about it is Monday morning, then I go to wash some wool tops only to find out after the machine has finished that the taps are back to front and the wool stuff just got a boiling hot wash. Then to cap things off tonight I find water all over the laundry floor coming from some where under/behind my machine :cry: Can I just quit now?

Well the say bad events comes in threes so it looks like you are finished for now, let's hope so anyway.