• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Carey

Extraordinary
The majority of the crew hated the graveyard shift, as a rule nothing happened ever happened and they regarded it as boring and appeared overly long. Caoimhe loved the shift, not that she was lazy, far from it she was normally very active but in that fact lay her love of the shift. It was time to unwind to some degree and a chance to gather her thoughts only tonight was very different. The view of the fuel station on the display was exactly as expected but the sensor sweep showed signs of life which, for an unmanned station was not normal. She ran the trace again with the same results and decided it was worth disturbing the rest of the command crew before the ship drew any closer.

View attachment 38417
just a note: want to remove a hard edge or two add a bit of displacement with a texture of course, just a thought as hard edges on a ship are dangerous to the crew, I learned that the hard way on one of my shorter trips to mars...lol

Hornet3d

Wise
just a note: want to remove a hard edge or two add a bit of displacement with a texture of course, just a thought as hard edges on a ship are dangerous to the crew, I learned that the hard way on one of my shorter trips to mars...lol

Thanks for the tip, I was playing with textures on the SS3 Magellan Cargo Spaceship from PoserWorks which I purchased way back in 2006. Not bad for content that is at least twelve years old but it can still be improved on clearly.

Carey

Extraordinary
Thanks for the tip, I was playing with textures on the SS3 Magellan Cargo Spaceship from PoserWorks which I purchased way back in 2006. Not bad for content that is at least twelve years old but it can still be improved on clearly.
us old space cadets must stick together, by the way the milky way is mainly heavy cream, be sure to take a butter churn...."snicker"

Rokket

Dances with Bees
PP Girls.jpg

This is the final on this one. I updated the textures on the costume and threw old Creech in there. I think he's in trouble...

Stezza

Dances with Bees
@Darryl asked me in the media page about my apple image and "How much of that is 3D?"

I started off by rendering an apple from the Tangy Apple Orchard from Daz3D by TangoAlpha then I rendered the HiveWire3d big cat available here at the Hive as well... That's the 3d part

then I combined the two in PSE2018 to get the finished apple bite.

upload_2018-6-15_15-21-39.png

Hornet3d

Wise
It was a warm summer's night and the sun was sitting just above the horizon as it continued to sink down in the sky on it's predictable journey. Caoimhe knew that by the time they were over the target the last vestiges of the sun would have ended for another day. The thought pleased her, it was so much easier to see any threat in the darkness of the night sky, even more important in the Wildcat that had been prepared for them as it was light on both tracking and defence capabilities. The plus was the technology was less open to jamming by the enemy, she also liked the fact that the flying was very much down to the pilot rather than a bank of onboard computers.

Her wing for tonight was Turlough, which both pleased and dismayed her in equal measure. His skills as a pilot was sound, much to her surprise considering his background, in fact he never ceased to surprise her when his skills were stretched. On the other hand he was too special to lose, not only to the squadron but also to her, and in her case, more ways than one.

Dawn at Sunset HW.jpg

Darryl

Adventurous
@Darryl asked me in the media page about my apple image and "How much of that is 3D?"

I started off by rendering an apple from the Tangy Apple Orchard from Daz3D by TangoAlpha then I rendered the HiveWire3d big cat available here at the Hive as well... That's the 3d part

then I combined the two in PSE2018 to get the finished apple bite.

View attachment 38548
Creative. An apple that bites back!

Carey

Extraordinary
It was a warm summer's night and the sun was sitting just above the horizon as it continued to sink down in the sky on it's predictable journey. Caoimhe knew that by the time they were over the target the last vestiges of the sun would have ended for another day. The thought pleased her, it was so much easier to see any threat in the darkness of the night sky, even more important in the Wildcat that had been prepared for them as it was light on both tracking and defence capabilities. The plus was the technology was less open to jamming by the enemy, she also liked the fact that the flying was very much down to the pilot rather than a bank of onboard computers.

Her wing for tonight was Turlough, which both pleased and dismayed her in equal measure. His skills as a pilot was sound, much to her surprise considering his background, in fact he never ceased to surprise her when his skills were stretched. On the other hand he was too special to lose, not only to the squadron but also to her, and in her case, more ways than one.

View attachment 38549
oh I like this

Hornet3d

Wise
oh I like this

Thank you, this is another example of where I am trying out some of my old content in superfly to see how is works. This is Suprastation by Enrique Barreto (vbarreto/kibarreto) that I purchased in 2008. All I had to tweak was the specular and reflection as superfly did not like it for some reason but it only took a few minutes playing to resolve.

Hornet3d

Wise
For sub orbit missions Caoimhe had quite a liking for the Wildcat, despite it's age and basic origins it was a pilot's machine and often fun to fly. It was easy for the pilot to feel as though the aircraft was just an extension of themselves. Strap a Planet Orbit Booster to it and you could scrub all of that. The POB booster had all the signs of being an afterthought, which indeed it was, and that fact that it achieved it's purpose was always a surprise to her. She always gave a large sigh of relief when it came time to jettison the whole bundle but that was quickly replaced with the horrifying knowledge that re-entry was an even more touch and go.

Wildcat Orbit HW.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
For sub orbit missions Caoimhe had quite a liking for the Wildcat, despite it's age and basic origins it was a pilot's machine and often fun to fly. It was easy for the pilot to feel as though the aircraft was just an extension of themselves. Strap a Planet Orbit Booster to it and you could scrub all of that. The POB booster had all the signs of being an afterthought, which indeed it was, and that fact that it achieved it's purpose was always a surprise to her. She always gave a large sigh of relief when it came time to jettison the whole bundle but that was quickly replaced with the horrifying knowledge that re-entry was an even more touch and go.

View attachment 38555
very nicely done

Carey

Extraordinary
I love the mix of ideas and the dramatic lighting. The is always so much detail in yourrenders and you have to spend time looking to see it all, this render is no exception. Love it.
My ideas are as a general rule much larger then what ends up in my renders, I always have to figure out how to scale them down somewhat in order to hold the detail I want to put in them...lol Had an interesting time with the lighting in this one, ended going to IDL just so I could put lighting just where I wanted it and as much as I wanted it to be...Made the sunlight blue green for its starkness... Thanks for your comments, I do enjoy them