• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

On sale for Dawn NOW... etc...

I suppose I might be able to sitemail the vendor and see if I can get a copy in exchange for a gift certificate or gift of relative value next month (nearly killed my budget for this month the first week of the month). At worst, they may never answer or say no... Despite my love of morph packs and creating face presets, I can't come up with a Dawn face that I like. I like both that face and texture (Soraka)...

I like the fact that Renderosity leaves old product pages up in most cases. It's been a handy reference whilst re-building my runtimes over the last year and half. I task that I fear is never going to be done, at the rate I'm going. I don't always remember what things look like, years later. Or, in one instance, I have some products with nearly identical names separated by great amounts of time... LOL

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's the main reason I saved the main promo of every purchase I've ever made at any 3D store over the years, because I also can't always remember what something looks like.

Then again, scrolling through the promos folder somethimes gives me ideas of what I want to play with next, even if I already have it installed.

Hornet3d

Wise
That's the main reason I saved the main promo of every purchase I've ever made at any 3D store over the years, because I also can't always remember what something looks like.

Then again, scrolling through the promos folder somethimes gives me ideas of what I want to play with next, even if I already have it installed.

I do the same, the database I use can store upto three promo pictures and I often do a search to see what I have already installed. I did that recently when I was looking at reusing some hair I had purchased long ago. The search on hair gave me a long list but with the promos I was able to narrow it down to those I liked and I thought might work on my version of Dawn.

Hornet3d

Wise
I didn't think to save promos. Even if I had, on some of the bigger sets, one promo doesn't tell you much later.

The database I run lists all the information available at the time of purchase with the exception of the read me so store, vendor, cost, sale price, description, details and promos are all stored along with the date of purchase. All of the original downloads, mainly zips, are stored in a folder with a subfolder for each month that way I can easily go back and reinstall or look at the readme included with the original download. Of course it does mean I have to be patient and instead of trying to use my bright new purchase I have to update the database every time I purchase something new. Sadly the database has not been on sale for some years but I would really miss it, if only for looking for ideas.

I had a database at one time, it was sold at Daz. The scripts got broken. So so the catalogs are really old. I don't have time to build something by hand, if I ever want to rebuild runtimes. Besides, too many stores are dead and gone now, like PoserPros, 3DC, ect.

Hornet3d

Wise
I had a database at one time, it was sold at Daz. The scripts got broken. So so the catalogs are really old. I don't have time to build something by hand, if I ever want to rebuild runtimes. Besides, too many stores are dead and gone now, like PoserPros, 3DC, ect.

Yep I purchased it from Daz. This is a layout of the front page as it were.

Database HW.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know Hornet, that looks familiar, but I'm not sure if I had it on my old laptop or not.

I happen to have on-going spreadsheets for every store I've ever purchased in with the item, sku and date of purchase, and a separate spreadsheet with sheets for each of the stores, and how much I spent. Now THAT one gives me the creeps whenever I check the totals. ~shiver, shiver~

Willowisp

Adventurous
What bothers me about how Renderosity deals with instances like these is to make the item "Unavailable". Why not just remove it from the store completely, as I can't believe it would be that hard to do? It annoys me because I get my hopes up for something I hadn't gotten when it first came out, and then find it's unavailable. I'd rather go to a page that says "Page Not Found", because then I'd know instantly it's "unavailable". I don't understand the thinking behind their leaving it up in the store at all.
They keep it for those who already bought it. I can only speak for myself, but I like that I can go back to the pages of unavailable products and study promos, read reviews etc. Some time back, they did actually remove these pages from view, and people complained. Besides, it makes it easier if they reactivate the products later. It's not like unavailable products show up in searches. It really annoyed me that RDNA removed their pages from view. At least with Daz3d you can still find the readmes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, taking those things into account, I suppose it makes sense, it just disappoints me when I scroll down and find something I like is Unavailable.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Oh I know what you mean. But if it looks like it was removed in clearance, you can at least ask the vendor if they would reactivate it for you. Some vendors aren't interested, but some do if you ask nicely.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I've come across a few who don't even respond one way, or the other, when I've PM'd them to ask.

Hornet3d

Wise
You know Hornet, that looks familiar, but I'm not sure if I had it on my old laptop or not.

I happen to have on-going spreadsheets for every store I've ever purchased in with the item, sku and date of purchase, and a separate spreadsheet with sheets for each of the stores, and how much I spent. Now THAT one gives me the creeps whenever I check the totals. ~shiver, shiver~

Keeping that sort of detail, no matter how you do it, has so many advantages.

I know what you mean when you look at totals, scares me silly.

Yep I purchased it from Daz. This is a layout of the front page as it were.

View attachment 37707

Yeah, that's the one. I did briefly flirt with the idea of rebuilding it by hand when I finally got back online with this stupid beast of a PC in late 2016 (after not having a Poser-worthy computer for around six months because the old PC acted up in January 2016), but... Well, it took me weeks to build a record of a months purchases... And then, when you expert the catalogs out, and re-import the data, it doesn't bring back in everything. Now that I have so little time with the computer, it's just a really big time waster... Then, of course, my runtime drive malfunctioned in January of 2017 (and I found out my backup was unresponsive).... So, well, the database idea is out the window, for now. Since I didn't think to record a lot of the data from the now defunct stores, such as pictures, it's kind of a dumb pursuit any way... LOL What little time I have on the PC is mostly spent rebuilding my runtimes and I haven't even gotten very far over the last year and a half or so...

They keep it for those who already bought it. I can only speak for myself, but I like that I can go back to the pages of unavailable products and study promos, read reviews etc. Some time back, they did actually remove these pages from view, and people complained. Besides, it makes it easier if they reactivate the products later. It's not like unavailable products show up in searches. It really annoyed me that RDNA removed their pages from view. At least with Daz3d you can still find the readmes.

Yeah, this is also why I like the Renderosity pages still being available (although not always completely intact). Since I somtimes have to fix at least something in about four or every five products I reinstall, the pages can be a life-saver. With an old product for TY2, I had a couple of thumbnails that wouldn't convert from .rsr to .png no matther what I tried (and I tried at least three conversion methods). I wound up digging up the old product page, taking a screen capture of the item in question, and making a new thumbnail on the fly without having to stop and render.

Yes, I've come across a few who don't even respond one way, or the other, when I've PM'd them to ask.

Yeah, I've been blown off by vendors a lot over the years, even when it comes to product support issues. All one can do is try...

Hornet3d

Wise
Yeah, that's the one. I did briefly flirt with the idea of rebuilding it by hand when I finally got back online with this stupid beast of a PC in late 2016 (after not having a Poser-worthy computer for around six months because the old PC acted up in January 2016), but... Well, it took me weeks to build a record of a months purchases... And then, when you expert the catalogs out, and re-import the data, it doesn't bring back in everything. Now that I have so little time with the computer, it's just a really big time waster... Then, of course, my runtime drive malfunctioned in January of 2017 (and I found out my backup was unresponsive).... So, well, the database idea is out the window, for now. Since I didn't think to record a lot of the data from the now defunct stores, such as pictures, it's kind of a dumb pursuit any way... LOL What little time I have on the PC is mostly spent rebuilding my runtimes and I haven't even gotten very far over the last year and a half or so...

I totally understand where you are with this and in the same situation I would do exactly the same, it would be a long slog for very little benefit. I have both the program and the database on multiple backups just because I would never have the time to rebuild it if it were lost and even that assumes a working copy of the database program.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I do the same, the database I use can store upto three promo pictures and I often do a search to see what I have already installed. I did that recently when I was looking at reusing some hair I had purchased long ago. The search on hair gave me a long list but with the promos I was able to narrow it down to those I liked and I thought might work on my version of Dawn.
Do you know the name of it? I purchase stuff that I don't always install straight away (or ever) so I might have it and it sounds very useful!

Hornet3d

Wise
Do you know the name of it? I purchase stuff that I don't always install straight away (or ever) so I might have it and it sounds very useful!

It is called the 3D Content Database and is published for Imagination Illustrated, powered by ADB Engine. I purchased it in 2007 while on sale for a whole $9.95 and the feature list was/is -

Powerful, fast, and efficient database

- Organize your entire 3D collection (up to 20,000 items per database)
- Use multiple databases or just one.
- Create your own folders, categories, and vendor lists
- Customize icons and adjust interface views
- Add, delete, and clone records.
- Attach files to records as needed and bookmark frequently used products.
- Back up your database, optimize it, and/or restrict access with a password
- View pictures of your items, not just product titles
- Print meaningful reports
- Create Web Catalogs of selected products or all of your items.

*Drop & Drag Import Feature

- Save time by importing your DAZ Purchase History
- Import order histories from other 3D Content vendors also

* User-Friendly, tabbed entry form with cut & paste features

- Enter detailed product information, including promo images
- Customizable vendor lists (Preset values include DAZ, PoserPros, & Renderosity)
- Customizable icons, folders, and categories
- Enter product links (www), complete feature lists, and user notes
- Use the Render tab to store favorite images of each product and related information.

* Rapid searching and sorting functions

- Search the database for a specific product.
- List all the items from a particular vendor or Brokered Artist
- Search any field or the entire database for a specific word
- Sort products any way you want (e.g., by title, ID, price, category, etc.)

* Special fields increase sorting and searching abilities.

- Wishlist Items
- Mark Items as Standalone items or items requiring additional products
- Distinguish between Purchased items and Freebies, PC items and other items
- Record Regular Price, Sale Price, and Platinum Club Price

* Package includes 3D Content Database program, 25-item starter database, and a user's manual.

Hornet3d

Wise
It has paid for itself a few times over in me avoiding duplicate purchases where the item is on sale at more than one marketplace or the vendor has moved.

I totally understand where you are with this and in the same situation I would do exactly the same, it would be a long slog for very little benefit. I have both the program and the database on multiple backups just because I would never have the time to rebuild it if it were lost and even that assumes a working copy of the database program.

If the catalogs I have stored were anywhere near current, I would dearly love to go back to using it. However, since the scripts have been out of commission, and life has gotten more complicated for personal reasons, I just don't have time for entries by hand. I'd have years' worth of catching up to do. And now, even RDNA is gone, so... I just figure what little computer time I have is better spent re-building my runtimes, even if it means having to scavenge for old product pages at the likes of Daz and Renderosity.