• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

On sale for Dawn NOW... etc...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just picked up some new (to me) characters for our Dawn... while I don't care for face decorations, this character is pretty
Rose Raven Dawn Character 3D Figure Assets 3D Models RPublishing
and I somehow missed this dark beauty for our girl, by 'our own' Tempesta3D
Monique for Dawn SE 3D Figure Assets Tempesta3d
Stockings etc...leg warmers, etc
Stockings Etc. - Dawn 3D Figure Assets kaleya
Kaleya has several dynamic items of clothing for Dawn-
Dynamic Collection - Breeze Dawn/V4 3D Figure Assets kaleya

I don't get to Rendo all the time, so once in a while, I do a search for "DAWN" and come up with things I missed (especially for Poser!)... and recently I joined Prime there, which motivates too... so happily I've more variety for her!

Just wish there was as much for Dusk!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I noticed a set of glamour poses for her there when I looked in earlier this week.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
also just FYI... V4 poses work pretty well for Dawn, just sometimes have to fix fingers. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Yes, but if the DS version has a set of the jpg TEXTURES, then one would only have to use a nice SSS from any Dawn character, then manually substitute the Vex jpgs, right? Worth considering! :)

Willowisp

Adventurous
That's true, but I was more interested in the sculpt :) I did see Ken converting it to Poser (he posted an image on DA) but I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were to do that

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Vex just released a gorgeous character for Dawn over at Rendo
Amelia for Dawn 3D Figure Assets Vex

Studio only tho.. shame, or I would have picked her up!
Yes, I would've liked her as well, but most vendors who create for DS don't include OBJ files, especially in this case, as it's just a morph set for an already established figure. With a prop set that has the OBJ included, it's just a matter of tweaking/adjusting the materials/textures.

She is pretty that's for sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not at all familiar with that particular vendor, so have no idea where s/he moved her/his products to, or whether s/he has left 3D completely.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes, I would've liked her as well, but most vendors who create for DS don't include OBJ files, especially in this case, as it's just a morph set for an already established figure. With a prop set that has the OBJ included, it's just a matter of tweaking/adjusting the materials/textures.

She is pretty that's for sure.

Looks like she uses LIE for the make up, I don't know if LIE is transferable to Poser without some work in photoshop or equivalent.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
is one of the Rendo problems i don´t like...if it do not sell in the time they want...they quit it...it is not fair because one cannot buy all the things together..so both, customers and sellers lose!

Hornet3d

Wise
is one of the Rendo problems i don´t like...if it do not sell in the time they want...they quit it...it is not fair because one cannot buy all the things together..so both, customers and sellers lose!

It has a knock on effect to other vendors who create add-ons as once the main product becomes unavailable the sale of add ons is limited purely to those who purchased the main product in the short time it was available.

I was surprised to find that some hairstyles I have been trying to reuse years after I purchased them as still on sale at Daz despite the fact that I purchased them in 2008.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Actually, they have stopped doing that now. Products that don't sell no longer go to clearance, unless vendors ask for it. They are also allowing vendors to bring back retired products, so if you had your eye on something that got 'cleared', you could always ask the vendor if they would put it back.

As for the Soraka character, it doesn't look like it was removed in clearance, it looks like the vendor simply quit. I have at least one of their products, but they are no longer listed as vendor.

Hornet3d

Wise
Actually, they have stopped doing that now. Products that don't sell no longer go to clearance, unless vendors ask for it. They are also allowing vendors to bring back retired products, so if you had your eye on something that got 'cleared', you could always ask the vendor if they would put it back.

As for the Soraka character, it doesn't look like it was removed in clearance, it looks like the vendor simply quit. I have at least one of their products, but they are no longer listed as vendor.

I haven't been to to Rendo in about three years with the exception of the piece some months ago when Miss B received and award. If they have changed their policy then good on them, it is a definite step in the right direction. I could never understand the logic, I could understand more if they were saving server space but they had to keep the product for those who had purchased it and wanted to redownload.

Miss B

CV-BEE
What bothers me about how Renderosity deals with instances like these is to make the item "Unavailable". Why not just remove it from the store completely, as I can't believe it would be that hard to do? It annoys me because I get my hopes up for something I hadn't gotten when it first came out, and then find it's unavailable. I'd rather go to a page that says "Page Not Found", because then I'd know instantly it's "unavailable". I don't understand the thinking behind their leaving it up in the store at all.