• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Adding sound to poser animation?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Not sure where to put this, but I needed to do a video/animation that was due yesterday. My battery is right now low and I need to get to work. How do I add sound to an animation done in Poser? or do I need to render the images and make an animation in a different program to add the sound?

seachnasaigh

Energetic
You can import soundtracks into Poser...
file - import - sound.png

...and once in, move it on the timeline, etc.

But if you have any sort of video/flash/gif editor, I would render frames, and then do the composite work in the video editor.

D

Deleted member 325

While you can import sound into Poser, I would actually recommend a different method. I use a Program called VirtualDub (I actually use one of the Modded versions that supports ACM and variable bitrate MP3). I often mix down my sound in an audio editing program of some sort (Cool Edit, Goldwave, Sonic Fire, etc...) and match the length exactly to the video clip duration. Now, the great thing about Virtuadub is it can work with compressed video like AVI (and depending on the version you use OGM, MKV, MP4) as well as sequential JPGs, and a number of audio formats including ACM, WAV, MP3, and a few others depending on version. So once you have an audio and video track that match it's just a matter of importing them into virtualdub and compressing them out.

Virtuadub can also add effects and chain sequences together and a whole lot more. If anyone wants I can dig up some links to the versions I would recommend and some guides?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
While you can import sound into Poser, I would actually recommend a different method. I use a Program called VirtualDub (I actually use one of the Modded versions that supports ACM and variable bitrate MP3). I often mix down my sound in an audio editing program of some sort (Cool Edit, Goldwave, Sonic Fire, etc...) and match the length exactly to the video clip duration. Now, the great thing about Virtuadub is it can work with compressed video like AVI (and depending on the version you use OGM, MKV, MP4) as well as sequential JPGs, and a number of audio formats including ACM, WAV, MP3, and a few others depending on version. So once you have an audio and video track that match it's just a matter of importing them into virtualdub and compressing them out.

Virtuadub can also add effects and chain sequences together and a whole lot more. If anyone wants I can dig up some links to the versions I would recommend and some guides?
How much is Virtuadub? if the price is right, sounds great, but if the price is not, then I cannot get it in time. (Right price is free, if you wanted to know)

D

Deleted member 325

Here's a version that supports Variable Bitrate MP3
VirtualDubMod - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
This has links to the current build, plus many useful add-ons
Virtualdub 1.10.4 / 1.10.5 test 7 Download - VideoHelp
and collections of plugins for different media types and codecs
fccHandler's page

and if I dig into my archives I can link you to a lot more cool items for Vdub, just might take me a while to find them.
I did not have one handy at the time of my last post as I have Virtual Dub and tons of filters and plugins in my master install archives so I rarely need to go look them up unless looking for new features or updates.

Nod

Adventurous
Here's a version that supports Variable Bitrate MP3
VirtualDubMod - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
This has links to the current build, plus many useful add-ons
Virtualdub 1.10.4 / 1.10.5 test 7 Download - VideoHelp
and collections of plugins for different media types and codecs
fccHandler's page

and if I dig into my archives I can link you to a lot more cool items for Vdub, just might take me a while to find them.

I did not have one handy at the time of my last post as I have Virtual Dub and tons of filters and plugins in my master install archives so I rarely need to go look them up unless looking for new features or updates.

If you look, you'll see that I was actually talking about my own post, where I replied to AlphinaNovaStar's about the price of VirtualDub. I forgot to include the link.