• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Satira Capriccio Sneak Peeks

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OOOoo I'm REALLY interested in this new set, Satira!!! Love the face morph for Dawn, especially. :) Will this character be smooth completed or have freckles too? Would be nice to have a 'non-freckled' lady. IMHO :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know what Satira's plan for her skin texture will be, but since she's based on a Grecian muse, I don't think there will be any freckles for her new lady.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lyne!

I've been trying to get an idea of what her skin will look like. Kinda hard when most images of ancient Greeks are ... sculptures or pottery.

The ancient Greeks apparently liked smearing a lead based cosmetic foundation all over their faces. Which wouldn't do much for their life expectancy! Apparently, as with other cultures, pale skin was desirable as it implied one did not labor in the fields.

upload_2018-3-29_19-14-33.png
upload_2018-3-29_19-14-8.png

Then I stumbled across this Greek woman. Most likely, Aoide will have a skin similar to this or paler.

upload_2018-3-29_19-3-9.png

Though ... no unibrow, which supposedly was fashionable. If one didn't have a natural unibrow, one apparently drew one on?!? Gosh. and I spent years tweasing the heck out of my brows as I was blessed with Frida brows when dark heavy brows were undesirable.

upload_2018-3-29_19-35-2.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
Then I stumbled across this Greek woman. Most likely, Aoide will have a skin similar to this or paler.
I like that skin reference Satira, and I agree about the unibrow. I never had that, but they were thick as all get out, and shapeless, so I couldn't wait to start tweasing them.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Satira Capriccio oh sounds good! (ya ick on lead based make up...geesh!) I always had to tweeze...oddly, in spite of being very fare... but when my Mom "made me" tweeze her brows, it made me gag?!?! :sick: (no such reaction for my own)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Looking good Satira. Is that a new hair you've created? I like it too. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Despite major problems with my computer last month, I'm nearing completion with Aoide, Gaia's Daughters, and Gaia's Gifts.

While there is a scarcity of information on the original Elder Muses, they were daughters of Gaia and Uranus and were muses of music. In time, the number of muses expanded to nine and became the daughters of Mnemosyne (Titan daughter of Gaia) and Zeus (grandson of Gaia, son of Rhea and Cronus)

On the left with the Pandura is the Aoide character in the Melete (Muse of Meditation and Practice) pose. Center is the Aoide (Muse of Voice and Song) pose. On the right with the Tympanum is the pose for Mneme (Muse of Memory). Mneme is often confused with Mnemosyne, but I've gone with the sources that claim the two are separate.

Titan Muses Cover.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hera's Lotus Staff
P_Hera Lotus Staff.png

Melete's Pandura
P_Melete Pandura.png

Melpomene Sword

P_Melpomene Sword.png

Mneme Tympanum

P_Mneme Tympanum.png

Mnemosyne Lamp of Memory (Stopper is much smaller than it appears here. It actually does fit the lamp!)

P_Mnemosyne Lamp of Memory.png
P_Mnemosyne Lamp Stopper.png

Rhea's Wrapped Stone

P_Rhea Wrapped Stone.png

Terpsichore Lyre

P_Terpsichore Lyre.png

Thalia Theatre Mask

P_Thalia Theatre Mask.png

Urania Armillary

P_Urania Armillary.png