• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
As she gazed on the scene Caoimhe became aware of a strange smell, not that the smell itself was strange but it was for this time and place. She racked her brain to try remember what the smell was but the identity stayed tantalisingly beyond her grasp. It appeared to be coming from the vines which, on closer inspection, only added to her sensation something was not quite right.

Moongate HW.jpg

Scene - Moon Gate and BRC Fortitude by Jack Tomalin

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice Hornet. I've used Moon Gate in several renders, and always liked the way they came out.+

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh well, I can't stay away from sci-fi too long.

Caoimhe had managed to restore emergency power giving her access to the ships logs. It was clear it had sustained damage during a meteor storm and now she needed to decide if a team could get it back under it's own power or was she going to need the services of a space tug. First signs were that the damage was extensive but repairable which left the burning question, if repairs were possible, why had the crew abandoned the ship?

Control Room Investigations HW.jpg

Scene - Marcoor Control Room with aged texture set by Daz Originals Ravnheart.

Suit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs and Volpe Box

Carey

Extraordinary
Oh well, I can't stay away from sci-fi too long.

Caoimhe had managed to restore emergency power giving her access to the ships logs. It was clear it had sustained damage during a meteor storm and now she needed to decide if a team could get it back under it's own power or was she going to need the services of a space tug. First signs were that the damage was extensive but repairable which left the burning question, if repairs were possible, why had the crew abandoned the ship?

View attachment 35521

Scene - Marcoor Control Room with aged texture set by Daz Originals Ravnheart.

Suit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs and Volpe Box
I would have been tempted, naw, I would have shot a touch of another color light to this scene, yep, that is what I would have done... No, it is not because I know more then you, I just love creating drama is all, this is a fine render, don't listen to that other fellow...lol

Hornet3d

Wise
I would have been tempted, naw, I would have shot a touch of another color light to this scene, yep, that is what I would have done... No, it is not because I know more then you, I just love creating drama is all, this is a fine render, don't listen to that other fellow...lol

Thanks for the suggestion, I am always open to new or other ideas and I will give that one a try when I have a moment.

Carey

Extraordinary
Not only is the lighting dramatic but there is so much going on in the scene....I like.
Okay, maybe I over did the dramatics here, but really can you be too dramatic with your lighting? Yes, I did this render with you in mind. I have several light sources in this, all of them a different color. Yet I wanted to do it in a fun way. I saw things in your render I really liked and I wanted you to really know this because lighting is such a small thing and it is really a matter of taste. I love Rembrandt type lighting and of course I think what I love so should every one else...lol Now I will shut up before I say too much and stick my foot squarely in my mouth...lol

Hornet3d

Wise
Okay, maybe I over did the dramatics here, but really can you be too dramatic with your lighting? Yes, I did this render with you in mind. I have several light sources in this, all of them a different color. Yet I wanted to do it in a fun way. I saw things in your render I really liked and I wanted you to really know this because lighting is such a small thing and it is really a matter of taste. I love Rembrandt type lighting and of course I think what I love so should every one else...lol Now I will shut up before I say too much and stick my foot squarely in my mouth...lol

First off, there is very little chance of you putting your foot in your mouth as far as I am concerned. I am always flattered when someone takes the time to comment on any of my renders and it is rare I do not at least try whatever is suggested, maybe not right away but I do at some point.

No I don't think you can be too dramatic with your lighting, you can overdo lighting but that is something very different. I am just finishing off some renders for a photobook I am putting together, which is something I do each year so I have to keep in mind how any render will translate to print but that still leaves me plenty of scope to beef up the lighting in my latest render.

Thanks, not only for the feedback but also spending your time in getting the message across, I really do appreciate it.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe was intrigued, according to the ships log there was one part of the ship that had remained powered throughout, something she needed to investigate. Tracing the power draw to a lab department hurried there and stepped inside. Nothing made sense, status units appeared powered and working but strangely empty. Workstations were still powered, even the consoles were still lit as if scientists had just left for refreshments. The ship mission was clearly, in part at least, one of exploration as weird looking plants drifted gently in the fluid that preserved them. Even the sample tubes had remained powered and, while the whole scene looked serene it disturbed her more that she liked to admit.

Lab Mystery HW.jpg

Scene - Movie Sets, Hyper Sleep Chamber by DreamlandModels.

Outfit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs and Volpe Box.

Plants - Alien Plants by Petipet

quietrob

Extraordinary
Years ago when I began my comic "Temple", I used to sigh over some handmade models and wished they were exclusive. I'm still learning to make my own but I realized that isn't the way Hollywood does it. I took the tour. They use the same mini-ocean, the building facades (It's rare when they make an entire building. They only make what will be seen by the camera. This gives today's 3D technology a big advantage.) They even use the same Robots! Not including Robot from Lost in Space, Robbie the Robot was first seen in Fantastic Planet, Hollywood's first big budget science fiction film and then reused again in at least two different episodes of a TV show called The Twilight Zone.

So a Salute to @Hornet3d and Dreamland Models, who makes some of the best models I've ever seen. His movie sets are just superb.
Here is how I used that Hypersleep Chamber in the story "Sensitive Information"
Page_9.jpg

It's used in several other pages but this is a "Tip of the hat to the Govna!"

Carey

Extraordinary
Caoimhe was intrigued, according to the ships log there was one part of the ship that had remained powered throughout, something she needed to investigate. Tracing the power draw to a lab department hurried there and stepped inside. Nothing made sense, status units appeared powered and working but strangely empty. Workstations were still powered, even the consoles were still lit as if scientists had just left for refreshments. The ship mission was clearly, in part at least, one of exploration as weird looking plants drifted gently in the fluid that preserved them. Even the sample tubes had remained powered and, while the whole scene looked serene it disturbed her more that she liked to admit.

View attachment 35586

Scene - Movie Sets, Hyper Sleep Chamber by DreamlandModels.

Outfit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs and Volpe Box.

Plants - Alien Plants by Petipet
Had a lab like that, but the government shut me down, imagine using electric eels to power a whole city block imagine that somehow being a threat to national security, course there was that one time I accidentally flushed one, then there was that sewer explosion, yea it went every where, hit the fan too.. yea I am telling stories again, besides I have given up all that secret agent stuff....lol It like this render a lot...Are you picking on me about my lighting comments? Wow, look at all those light sources....lol

Hornet3d

Wise
Years ago when I began my comic "Temple", I used to sigh over some handmade models and wished they were exclusive. I'm still learning to make my own but I realized that isn't the way Hollywood does it. I took the tour. They use the same mini-ocean, the building facades (It's rare when they make an entire building. They only make what will be seen by the camera. This gives today's 3D technology a big advantage.) They even use the same Robots! Not including Robot from Lost in Space, Robbie the Robot was first seen in Fantastic Planet, Hollywood's first big budget science fiction film and then reused again in at least two different episodes of a TV show called The Twilight Zone.

So a Salute to @Hornet3d and Dreamland Models, who makes some of the best models I've ever seen. His movie sets are just superb.
Here is how I used that Hypersleep Chamber in the story "Sensitive Information"
View attachment 35593

It's used in several other pages but this is a "Tip of the hat to the Govna!"

Ohh I like that. It is so nice to see the same scene from a different perspective and how much the person creating their scene can influence the outcome. As if it were needed it demonstrates that the view held by some that it is not art because the scene was purchased is far from true.

Hornet3d

Wise
Had a lab like that, but the government shut me down, imagine using electric eels to power a whole city block imagine that somehow being a threat to national security, course there was that one time I accidentally flushed one, then there was that sewer explosion, yea it went every where, hit the fan too.. yea I am telling stories again, besides I have given up all that secret agent stuff....lol It like this render a lot...Are you picking on me about my lighting comments? Wow, look at all those light sources....lol

It would be wrong to say I was picking on you but equally untrue if I said I didn't have you in mind when I created it. It was a sort of acknowledgement the validity of you comment on my previous render. This one was already on the drawing board, so to speak, and so rather than step back I had a play with the lighting in this one (not that I won't step back). Maybe overdone a tad but I had fun and learnt a lot and it does emphasize the point that the lab was fully powered even though abandoned.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not including Robot from Lost in Space, Robbie the Robot was first seen in Fantastic Planet, Hollywood's first big budget science fiction film and then reused again in at least two different episodes of a TV show called The Twilight Zone.
OMG, I haven't thought about Twilight Zone in decades!! Considering how basic their shows were compared to what we can see today, they had some very scary episodes.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The biggest thing I notice in watching old shows is that everyone uses a pay phone when they are out and about, women wear mink (Still want that mink stole) and the human dynamic is still the same. As the ambassador said. " Perhaps you should forget logic and devote yourself to motivations of passion or gain. Those are reasons for murder."

The basic things still scare us or appall us and the Twilight Zone hit just about all of them and they still got use of that robot. Interesting how the biggest stars of the next few decades all starred on the show.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Interesting how the biggest stars of the next few decades all starred on the show.
I've noticed that when watching re-runs of old TV shows. More often than not, I recognize the voice before I look up and see who's speaking. It's amazing to see these established stars on shows that were popular so long ago.