• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
I hope the family matters were sorted and everything is fine now.

I guessed that the render was not exactly what you had in mind but I thought I might be able to use it in the book and it was sort of correct at least as the description was laid out if not in the spirit. It looked simple and it is except for the lighting and the reflectivity of the glass, I wanted the texture of the painting to show but still grab enough of Turlough's reflection. I was pleased at how that part turned out.
That worked and worked well! I think it must've taken a few test shots to get the angle just right.

As far as what I had in mind, I think it just works. The more I look at it the more I like it.

quietrob

Extraordinary
View attachment 35311 I wanted to see how this would turn out, and rendered it several different times changing the camera angle each time. This is the one I settled on. If this violates TOS, please delete it.
There is more violence in a Tom and Jerry cartoon than what is portrayed here. Posing for action isn't easy, is time consuming but you can really see the style of the artist because you must portray motion as well as a static moment in time. Especially if it is part of a storyboard or a comic page sequence.

Nod

Adventurous
How did you doodle it?

And yeah, I chuckled at it too. Calvin and Hobbes has always been at top of my list, along with Garry Larsen's Far Side.

I did it in Photoshop Elements. It was a free version which came with my Wacom tablet. I did each character separately as a layer. I do most of my doodling in Elements.

Funnily enough, I use prefer Paint Shop Pro for restoring old photos, as I think it's easy for stuff like that. :D

I occasionally go old school, and use pen and paper, or pencil.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
spending a wet weekend modeling and rendering in Carrara :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe's first reaction to Turlough's suggestion that it was morally wrong to transport animals to other worlds upset her. She was about to voice her contempt until it occurred to her he had never actually seen a unicorn before and his only knowledge were legends from his own world. She made an effort to soften her voice as she explained that such creatures were indigenous to her world and that they were free spirits and would only remain anywhere on their terms. She resisted the temptation to suggest that they were possible also native to his world many years ago but they would not have thrived seeing how his race treated many of their animals.

Unicorn Discovery HW.jpg

Scene - Pond Builder - Base by ARTCollab
Backdrop and Lighting - Green Hills Skydome and HDRI by Flipmode
Trees - Cherry Trees and Mighty Oak from Lisa's Botanicals
Flowers - Daylily, Lily Garden and Pond Life Plants from Lisa's Botanicals
Dawn's Top - Scifi Scavenger for Dawn by Glitterati and Immortal Moments Arts
Shorts - Dawn Skinny Jeans by Christopher Creek Art and Sarsa
Materials - Water - VB Super Shaders for Poser 11 SuperFly by VinceBagna
Clothing - Fabric Frenzy-Cottons Vol. 1 PBR Textures & Poser Shaders MR by Deecey

Hornet3d

Wise
The period of awkward peace after an argument, sort of the lull after the storm.

Strained Peace HW.jpg

Scene - Blooming Alley by Andrey Pestryakov

Background and part lighting - Easy Environments - Witchcraft Eclipse by Flipmode

Materials - Seat - VB Super Shaders for Poser 11 SuperFly by VinceBagna

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Last edited: