• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I really like those little winged creatures too Lorraine. It's hard to believe they are free! They are-
Skywing 3D Creature by Stephen Meakin (steve100) at Renderosity Free Stuff

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm so glad you posted these two... really GREAT!
and I ran got that little critter too! LOL!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I really like those little winged creatures too Lorraine. It's hard to believe they are free! They are - Skywing 3D Creature by Stephen Meakin (steve100) at Renderosity Free Stuff
WOW, now aren't they cute. I didn't realize they were free either. Thanks Flint. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A mix of Rodrigo and Axel and a bit of VW brothers morphs and Rodrigo's texture.
View attachment 2619

Dang! Tparo this is amazing work!!

And to the many other images that I've been missing, way to go folks. Nice work here. So cool to see all the different looks you're all creating.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
So waaaaaaaaaaaay behind on looking at this thread and trying to catch up.

Apologies for not commenting on each but so sooooo loving all the amazing and varied renders!!!
:flower02:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Awww Alisa is SO upset she posted two of her apologies! ;) (actually I was "seeing double" in my Private message from her too....wonder if she's got a gremlin?!) :eek:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Because it takes me SO long to finish my more complex renders... here is my "cowpoke Dusk" for the one I'm working on now... I used Dusk's "aging" morphs to go with Fairy Light's Aleric for Dusk... the yellow color is my 'camp fire lighting' in prep for assembling my cowboy and his horse in firelight scene... I used the Akasti hair and blended black/brown and silver hair to get a graying look (I hope it works!) I also am very proud of how I CLOSED the cowboy denim jacket front in post! I mean after all it's a chilly night! :) I also used the "Falling for Dawn" sweater for a turtle neck under the jacket. Skinny jeans, and universal boots for Dusk, plus an old apple by Traveler from the days of the Props Club!

CowboyDusk7.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHA!! So THAT's the apple Harry's reaching for in the other partial render. Nice! ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yes, there's a huge variety of artwork that gets posted to DA, which is one of the reasons I like it. I've been on the site for the last ten years now.

This is what the part of the submission form looks like when we are submitting a piece of art to our gallery :

View attachment 2968

Now, I have the "favorites" showing, where it displays my most frequently submitted-to categories. But if you look further down the list, you can see where it says "Digital Art"...

View attachment 2969

And the second image here shows how the categories are distributed. So, while I can't create a "HiveWire" or "Dusk" category to put my artwork into when I post my HW figure pictures (I can create a folder for that within my own gallery, but that will only be seen if someone goes to my actual gallery and looks at all the folders), I can add the HiveWire, Dusk, Dawn, Luna, etc tags in the submission form. So if someone goes to the DA main page and searches for "Dusk" or "Dawn" or even "Hivewire" the results will poll from the tags of submitted artwork by members of the site.

I do think there's a group or two on DA also that focuses on the HW figures, but I'm not positive of that.

Personally, I think the best way to get the figures out there is to just put our images right out there into general circulation with the rest of our work... and if we're mentioning credits or at least crediting what figures were used for the art, people will be able to look at our image and know that this particular one has Dusk in it, or that one has Dawn in it, and hey we can get them from Hivewire...

Here's an example of what I mean. This was the post I made for Nataani's crouched/dirt image :
Nataani v.2 : Working Man

Anyway. That's where I'll stop before we completely de-rail Dusk's lovely render thread here. Back to the pictures now! :D
Thanks Seliah,

Sorry a bit slow on the response. I've been a busy bee!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks... I'm SO involved in this current piece... keeps getting more complex ... since my foreground, mid ground, background and sky are all different images/layers...and I need to put plants in the foreground now... really want to finish! LOL!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
FINALLY finished! ALL the credits and 'how to' are listed at the link of the large original image below -

The Old Cowpoke

The tired old cowpoke squats by the fire at dusk,
He offers an apple to his loyal horse, Gus.
As the temperature drops, the fire stays off the cold,
And the old cowpoke dreams of times before he got old.
~Lyne's Creations

This is a very small image of the huge, detailed original here:
http://www.lynescreations.com/cowpoke.htm

CowpokeCampfireForum.jpg