• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Just playing with ideas, I am using environmental domes a lot more now I am using superfly. Up to now I have used EZdome with Sibls which works well but getting the right background is difficult as many are too close for the renders I want. Often I have to use the lighting but add a background picture in post work. Flipmore seems to have some products that I could make use off so I am having a play and also playing with textures along the way.

Snow Peak HW.jpg

Scene - Easy Environments - Snowy Mountains by Flipmode.

Outfit - Superhero for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs - with gloves from CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs + Volpe Box.

Textures - Fabric Frenzy-Leathers Vol. 1 PBR Textures & Poser Shaders MR by Deecey.

Last edited:

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I need to get back on there one of these days. I downloaded a bunch of the HDRI and sIBL's, but I need a lot more. Hornet is right, a lot the images are too large or too close or out of focus to use effectively.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'd recognize your work anywhere! Very, very cool image!

I still signed it in the lower right hand cover though that can be easily masked. Maybe in twenty years the cover will propagate across the internet and those interested in those pulp fiction covers will ask, "Who is the cover artist?" And I do like those book covers even as they became more abstract rather than obvious in the 1970's. This is the book cover of my favorite novel of all time that I grew up with in the '70's.
TEFL Cover.jpg

I would've listed you, rokket and the rest of my friends here as authors but no one else was up and I wouldn't do it without permission. @Hornet3d, I was going to list a story called Caohime Nurse of the Stars but I don't know your name. The two names listed above are both self published authors (I'm Robin) and Charlene was picked up by a publishing house. She even was nice to write a story starring my characters at the Temple in the Sky. My challenge to you is to place Caohime in a poster, painting or monitor while still keeping her as the main focus of that work. Go!

Hornet3d

Wise
I still signed it in the lower right hand cover though that can be easily masked. Maybe in twenty years the cover will propagate across the internet and those interested in those pulp fiction covers will ask, "Who is the cover artist?" And I do like those book covers even as they became more abstract rather than obvious in the 1970's. This is the book cover of my favorite novel of all time that I grew up with in the '70's.
View attachment 35118

I would've listed you, rokket and the rest of my friends here as authors but no one else was up and I wouldn't do it without permission. @Hornet3d, I was going to list a story called Caohime Nurse of the Stars but I don't know your name. The two names listed above are both self published authors (I'm Robin) and Charlene was picked up by a publishing house. She even was nice to write a story starring my characters at the Temple in the Sky. My challenge to you is to place Caohime in a poster, painting or monitor while still keeping her as the main focus of that work. Go!

Umm, I have an Idea.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
View attachment 35118

You have blanket permission to use my name as you see fit. And now you have it in writing, or typing...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Umm, I have an Idea.
If it's for me, I'm interested. If it's for you, I'm interested. Lemme know. (That's American for "please inform me when you have the time, old chap. Cheerio then.")

You have blanket permission to use my name as you see fit. And now you have it in writing, or typing...
Excellent. I'll have my attorney pour over that statement. I have a feeling that I'll be finding more of these covers. Heavy Metal, Savage Tales, Amazing Science Fiction and so many others. I noticed as I reasearched that that well over ninety percent of these Pulp Fiction mags of the past feature a scantily clad female. Either alone or being rescued or experimented upon by some male. How times have changed. As Leonidas said in the movie 300. "Clearly, you don't know our women."

Send me a note in our conversation about a title for your latest work. You might not get the cover illustration but certainly you'll make the top listing.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
If it's for me, I'm interested. If it's for you, I'm interested. Lemme know. (That's American for "please inform me when you have the time, old chap. Cheerio then.")

Excellent. I'll have my attorney pour over that statement. I have a feeling that I'll be finding more of these covers. Heavy Metal, Savage Tales, Amazing Science Fiction and so many others. I noticed as I reasearched that that well over ninety percent of these Pulp Fiction mags of the past feature a scantily clad female. Either alone or being rescued or experimented upon by some male. How times have changed. As Leonidas said in the movie 300. "Clearly, you don't know our women."

Send me a note in our conversation about a title for your latest work. You might not get the cover illustration but certainly you'll make the top listing.
Okay. I am still trying to find the perfect title, but I have a few ideas. I'll get on over there now...

Hornet3d

Wise

Sorry it was late at night when I responded, come to think of it, now it is the early hours so that is no excuse. I was trying to say, render challenge accepted and I have an idea, now I need to see if it works.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Sorry it was late at night when I responded, come to think of it, now it is the early hours so that is no excuse. I was trying to say, render challenge accepted and I have an idea, now I need to see if it works.
It's a quarter to six in the morning across the pond and at the home of Stonehenge. Here at the home of the original Disneyland and Mickey Mouse, it's a quarter to 11 in the evening (10:45 pm). Of course we're going to be apart but always friends in spirit especially with respect to the home of Lord Mansfield. No Worries.

Hornet3d

Wise
On the rare occasions that Caoimhe was absent from a mission, and it was never by choice, she would always see the squadron off then come back to this spot to count them back in. She wanted them all to return safely, of course, but for the last few months the waiting was a lot more intense as she waited for their return, and one in particular.

Another double page render.

Coming Home HW.jpg

Scene - Easy Environments Top of the World by Flipmode

Outfit - CKV-01 for Dawn by Ken1171 Designs - Volpe Box

Craft - Fighter Spaceship by coflek-gnorg

Hornet3d

Wise
View attachment 35118

Turlough was beginning to regret his decision to return home to his planet and his time. The stress of having to deal with technology that he did not understand, or trust to any large degree, had gone. Not a bad change he thought but it had been replaced by the mind numbing knowledge that each day would be much the same as the next.

He returned to painting to pass the time, something he had not done for years, and there could only be one subject. Now, as he stared at the result he decided it was too large for his room, but then she had been larger than life and dominated his thoughts, in fact she still did.

Looking at the painting just reminded him that he would never see her again, a painful thought. Having painted it he decided he would only gaze upon it if he ever felt he would forget what she looked like. To gaze on it every day would be just too much.

Painting HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
What?!? I missed something. When did he return home???

What a dork.

Sometimes, we just don't appreciate what we have.

You didn't miss anything my renders, like my writing, are not linear in the sense they don't start at the start, pass through the middle and end at the end. This is towards the end of the book but not the very end so there are a few possible outcomes from here (and also leaves open many possibilities for how and why he returned home). This render might fit in with the end of the book but is also in response to Quietrob's challenge.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Whew! Well, thump him upside his head if he doesn't return to Caoimhe.

Breaking two hearts just to return to a lonely existence in a place and time that no longer fits isn't right in any kind of a universe.