• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's been way, way too long since I managed any kind of a render, or the time to sit down and compose a render. One of the DS groups over on FB was running this sort of doodle-a-day challenge... so once I managed to get 4.10 sorted out, I decided to try for a "doodle." LOL.

This was about 4 hours to compose everything. It took 3 hours to render; yes I'm still using 3Delight. I did a bit of postwork, but not a lot. DOF, some light correction, frame, signature. Not much. Anyway. For me this is a rather boring and ho-hum image, but I wasn't aiming for a masterpiece, it was supposed to be a quickie basically.

So... one doodle. And I finally got to use the LAMH fur for the housecat! Now we just need fur for the dog and Big Cat... LOL

Doodle 01.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hot damn that looks good!! You do nice work Seliah, no matter how long it takes to compose and render. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
It's been way, way too long since I managed any kind of a render, or the time to sit down and compose a render. One of the DS groups over on FB was running this sort of doodle-a-day challenge... so once I managed to get 4.10 sorted out, I decided to try for a "doodle." LOL.

This was about 4 hours to compose everything. It took 3 hours to render; yes I'm still using 3Delight. I did a bit of postwork, but not a lot. DOF, some light correction, frame, signature. Not much. Anyway. For me this is a rather boring and ho-hum image, but I wasn't aiming for a masterpiece, it was supposed to be a quickie basically.

So... one doodle. And I finally got to use the LAMH fur for the housecat! Now we just need fur for the dog and Big Cat... LOL

View attachment 34859

It was clearly time well spent, in fact those timings for such a stunning render seem amazingly short.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was clearly time well spent, in fact those timings for such a stunning render seem amazingly short.

LOL - Thanks, Hornet. I've had some renders take much, much longer than this one. But I also didn't try to render DOF on this, either... I drew in the DOF by hand. With the LAMH fur in the scene, I wasn't too sure how well my laptop was going to handle it, really, so I skipped out on it and just did some blur brushwork in Photoshop afterwards.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Was supposed to be a quick one but I had to render 2 people at a time and combine them in photoshop grrrrr.

This is for Rokket as I know he like his comic books :D

View attachment 34856
Nice work with your method. I can't tell who was rendered when.
Just a note. At the turn of the century and another DC reboot of it's comics, Krypto was changed so that he didn't like anyone except his owner and liked barbecuing cats with his heat vison.

Hmm, I don't see any cats...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice work with your method. I can't tell who was rendered when.
Just a note. At the turn of the century and another DC reboot of it's comics, Krypto was changed so that he didn't like anyone except his owner and liked barbecuing cats with his heat vison.

Hmm, I don't see any cats...
Maybe he's chasing Streaky and that's why the humans look worried :cool:

quietrob

Extraordinary

View attachment 34859
A well deserved like. That child in the back is especially adorable! It's also an excellent example of Depth of Field. The background is naturally blurred as our eye or a camera would do when faced with many subjects. It's almost unnoticed but our eyes are fixed on the two subjects as they should be.

Also, a quick thanks for your Gen X tutorial. If I didn't thank you before, let me thank you now. It worked perfectly!
:thankyou::thankyou2::thankyou:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A well deserved like. That child in the back is especially adorable! It's also an excellent example of Depth of Field. The background is naturally blurred as our eye or a camera would do when faced with many subjects. It's almost unnoticed but our eyes are fixed on the two subjects as they should be.

Also, a quick thanks for your Gen X tutorial. If I didn't thank you before, let me thank you now. It worked perfectly!
:thankyou::thankyou2::thankyou:

Thanks. I'm glad the tutorial helped!

As for the DOF... I like my full/busy backgrounds. As a result, DOF is something I figured out a long time ago that I needed to learn. Without it, many of my images would be too busy for the eye to focus.

Sometimes I do the blur by hand, other times I render it. It allows me to indulge my scene dressing without interfering with the subject of my renders. :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'll say. That's an amazing shader. Now I don't have to wonder what a glass Bonsai Tree would look like. ;)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Thanks all!
@Miss B :)

But well... Shader itself is really straightforward. But not many people want to do still life with Superfly :( But a lot of people do it with Cycles. Mystery.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Blender's not Poser, and Poser's not Blender. I've done a couple of still life renders, but that was back in the days of DS 3 Advanced. Don't think I've done any with P9 or PP11.