• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I found it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have purchased it. It's a pretty sweet ride though not my type. Still, I do like collecting bikes and a few other things so perhaps the next Christmas sale I'll consider it.

Just for knowledge. When I have problems converting Firefly to Superfly, I ask for help over at the Smith Micro forum. They helped me out converting Armor that rendered black to something more palatable. Right now that doesn't seem to be many items. I have more issues with textures which, thankfully is more or less fixed using Snarly's script for Superfly.

My comment about not buying was after reading posts in the 'Should you charge extra for that?' thread.

I am had a few issues with superfly, one is I find some of the skin tones can look too soft and eyes ghostly even after the script which is fantastic all the same. Lighting needs to be different than in firefly and getting render settings to a point where the render is good enough without very long render times needs suitable settings.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the SM forums I will spend some time there. People here have been great and thanks to their help I am at a good point with superfly, it is just a question now of tweaking some of the content I use.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I bought a set that was on sale a while ago that I thought would do for a Green Arrow after adjustments...

Now I can't remember where I put it or where or what it is!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
awesome... look forward to seeing it :)

A Quick One before the cricket comes on TV

The Tree Hugger
done in Carrara no postwork.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Well, nuts.

Something felt off with my archer, and besides the mask, which I remodeled, there was something wrong with it. Then it hit me.

My archer was holding his bow in his right hand. Why is that a big deal?

He would have it ready to fire in a moment's notice. I am presuming he is right handed. If he held the bow up in his right hand, and he is right eye dominant, he would miss. Right handed shooters hold the bow in their left hand and pull the draw with the right. Correct sight alignment.

So I am going to redo the render...

I have to UV map 18 different items too...

Hornet3d

Wise
Turlough walked quickly, he was late, something he hated and tried desperately to avoid yet, as he reached the steps of the bridge, he slowed. Caoimhe sat on the steps above him, quite relaxed and watching the sunset over the city. He wanted to pinch himself to ensure this was not a dream for why else would he be in such a romantic city with someone so beautiful on a warm summer's night.

Bridge Sunset HW.jpg

Background - Fire Mountain MiniPak from PhotoGG

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Caoimhe is still a popular girls name here. I only know of one Turlough in the city, but I believe it is a more popular name in the countryside.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe is still a popular girls name here. I only know of one Turlough in the city, but I believe it is a more popular name in the countryside.

That is nice to know, being based in the UK I am not familiar with the popularity. I started using Irish names many years as I believed it added a little intrigue and helped with a storyline I had in mind. When I started I just looked for a name I liked more recently I have tried to do a little more research on the names. Many of the names have different meanings depending where you look but I chose Caoimhe as the description I found in a couple of places was - From caomh "gentle, beautiful, precious." My story has Caoimhe has the main character with Turlough helping out so Turlough because the same sources gave a description of - from an Irish name meaning "one who aids or assists."

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not at all how I expected!

Caoimhe (Irish: [ˈkiːvʲə]), anglicised Qweeva, or in Northern Ireland Keeva (both pronounced /ˈkwiːvə, ˈkiː-/ K(W)EE-və), is an Irish feminine given name derived from Irish Irish caomh (Old Irish cóem) "dear; noble",[1] from the same root as the masculine name Caoimhín (Kevin).

Hornet3d

Wise
Not at all how I expected!

Caoimhe (Irish: [ˈkiːvʲə]), anglicised Qweeva, or in Northern Ireland Keeva (both pronounced /ˈkwiːvə, ˈkiː-/ K(W)EE-və), is an Irish feminine given name derived from Irish Irish caomh (Old Irish cóem) "dear; noble",[1] from the same root as the masculine name Caoimhín (Kevin).

No it is not at all what you would expect which is one of aspects I find fascinating. Others that I have used have been Eibhleann, Caoimhe, Cadhla, Saoirse and Aislinn none of which are pronounced as you would expect, unless of course you are Irish or maybe Scottish.

HowToPronounce.com: Click, Hear & Learn Pronunciation