• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
After catching up on all that had happen during the years they had lost contact the girls decide to take the boys on a night out.

Dance Night HW.jpg

Character - Exotic Adrianne for Dawn from Glitterati

Dresses - Red Carpet Gown and jewelry for Dawn from Glitterati

Tuxedo - Red Carpet Tuxedo for Dusk from Glitterati

Hornet3d

Wise
Where to
Seeing where we came from and where we are and where do we go... no matter what, three things are guaranteed, there will be sheep, Carrara 8 and f^$%ing seagulls!

Setup & rendered in Carrara

Fantastic render, my memories of Carrara was that is was well suited for this type of render with instancing and the ability to 'explode' a figure, or is my memory playing tricks again.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I have been reading up on superfly and, well if I am honest I am more confused now that I was when I started. Then I thought when I want to pose a figure I pick a pose close to the one I require and modify that and this lead me to wonder if I could do the same with superfly. So I purchased a set of superfly materials with the idea of using them to improve my renders and try and learn along the way.

First step in using these was to update the sci-fi pilot suit from Simon 3d as it is one of my favorites and I have modified it a number of times.

Walking the Walk HW.jpg

The render should have cooked a little longer but my computer decided it wanted to do a restart before the end, hence the slightly noisy skin tones. It does show one of the advantages of having progressive refinement ticked in that I did not lose the whole render and I think this is good enough to show the changes in the suit.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Fantastic render, my memories of Carrara was that is was well suited for this type of render with instancing and the ability to 'explode' a figure, or is my memory playing tricks again.

Thanks for the comment, your memory is spot on :coding:

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't know Hornet. I don't really see much graininess on her face, or on any of the metallic pieces of the spaceship.

Perhaps I am more aware because I know it did not run for the full samples and it was render at a much larger size than shown here so it was slightly more apparent on the original. As you say there is little evidence of noise on the metal surfaces and that is also the case on the original, it is most noticeable on the face but perhaps I am being super critical of my renders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh rendering at a larger size would make them more evident. When you resize for posting here, then it wouldn't be as noticeable, as some of it would be lost in the resizing.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well my plans for getting into my book and making more intricate scenes are still intact but they are on a back burner for a while. I had not expected to upgrade to Poser 11 and now I have I am playing with just what it does. For the time being I am finding out what works well in superfly and what I setup I need to be able to get consistent results.

Ve Dress HW.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
The sky bike was not just old it was more an antique, despite this Caoimhe got the same thrill every time she rode it as she did the day she took it away from the dealers.

View attachment 34048
I'm not sure where you got that bike. It looks like petipet works though not as clean when it comes to the textures. Still, the textures you are using have that realistic feel to it. That is a Superfly render isn't it?

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm not sure where you got that bike. It looks like petipet works though not as clean when it comes to the textures. Still, the textures you are using have that realistic feel to it. That is a Superfly render isn't it?

The bike is from Stonemason which was on sale at the end of last year which I probably would not have purchased had I had known then what I know now.

Yes it a superfly, I am trying to discover what works in superfly and what needs work. Some content just does not render well while other stuff renders doers but gains little benefit using superfly, the pilot suit here was of the latter but very easily updated. The bike and dock worked without modification.

quietrob

Extraordinary
The bike is from Stonemason which was on sale at the end of last year which I probably would not have purchased had I had known then what I know now.

Yes it a superfly, I am trying to discover what works in superfly and what needs work. Some content just does not render well while other stuff renders doers but gains little benefit using superfly, the pilot suit here was of the latter but very easily updated. The bike and dock worked without modification.

I found it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't have purchased it. It's a pretty sweet ride though not my type. Still, I do like collecting bikes and a few other things so perhaps the next Christmas sale I'll consider it.

Just for knowledge. When I have problems converting Firefly to Superfly, I ask for help over at the Smith Micro forum. They helped me out converting Armor that rendered black to something more palatable. Right now that doesn't seem to be many items. I have more issues with textures which, thankfully is more or less fixed using Snarly's script for Superfly.