• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Work In Progress On Eli

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I did a double take Glitterati, that looked a lot like Harrison Ford at a quick glance :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Those may be bullhooks, which has a pointed hook on the end of them or they may be electric prods. Both were used to control / train / punish the elephant.

Yes, and I seem to remember, because it's been a long time since Ringling Bros. was here, so there might have been a sort of headdress for the elephants, but I don't recall if there was ever a leash attached. I think the folks who worked with them just had them walking in single file. At least that's what I remember.

OK, speaking of Ringling Bros., here's a photo of what I'm talking about. It looks like the men walking along with them are holding some sort of stick/wand, which may be what they use to keep them in line if the wander.

View attachment 31722

I've seen pictures of other elephants with simpler headdresses, but that's about all it seems they have on.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL so maybe not a great morph for Dusk of Harrison, but I did try- I can't model at all so this was done with the Dusk Resource Kit.
RodrigoMorphs.jpg

CWRW Character Morphs for Rodrigo for Dusk - A CWRW & CG Cubed 3D Creation

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL Traci! Thanks! (And now you know you already have him, have fun with him!:)

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
OK, here's one that looks more like artwork than a photo, but it gives you an idea of a dressier "outfit" for a circus elephant.

View attachment 31723

This is indeed the kind of thing I was thinking of - and a partially conforming/partially dynamic cloth could be awesome.

Sadly, although I remember that I went to circuses as a child, that is so long ago that I cannot remember any details. None whatsoever. I DO remember my love of animals though, as that continues to this day - so the idea of making as many types of image as possible is one I'd champion.

Cheers,

Cliff

PS if I ever do a circus-based image, keep an eye out for tiny horses or gigantic reptiles. Or possibly a giant gorilla...

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
It's gorgeous, isn't it? Somehow elephants have never lost their feeling of majesty to me, and having them dress up in royal garb doesn't seem to diminish that. Did anyone else notice the bracelet?

Cheers,

Cliff

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I agree Cliff- like horses, they can wear finery and keep their dignity.

I saw the most visually amazing movies earlier this month- Baahubali (1 and 2)

These are some of the elephant shots from it- great outfit!!!

Baahubali2.jpg
baahubali_1.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
No, but it has been sent to Beta a day or so ago. I do still need to create some body morphs for it. Which shouldn't take too long. I'll be putting together a morph list tonight. If someone has ideas, please post so I can take note of them.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Hey Chris!

LOL so I'll be a pest -what morphs do you have so far? Hard to know what to suggest without having an idea of what you do have in place already. :)

(Ducking and hiding now:)