• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here the teeth that I made today. I still need some tweaking, and I need to fit the "dentures" to Kitty.

Leopard68.JPG
Leopard69.JPG
Leopard70.JPG
Leopard71.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Kitty wears dentures!?!? o_O

Great set of choppers there! Kitty will soon be taking down water buffalo and zebra!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
This will need wings, Ken! Because I have a feeling it will become a griffin shortly after I get my hands on him. ;-)
What I would like to see is a Sphynx. Someone created one(Catrina) using the old Poser lion 4 and P4 nude woman years ago. The same content creator fixed it to work in newer versions of Poser and I still use her. Someone else created stand alone Sphynx which I found out about and begged him to give me a copy. it was never released but he reluctantly gave her and the male version morphs and add-on textures and props and vowed to never offer tech support for them. I have them and played with them a bit but their faces are uglier than the Older P4 version. But with hair and beard and other accessories I managed to make them look a bit more attractive. So getting a Good Sphynx now would make me cry with joy.

Also please put this out there with some sort of simple shoulder hair and beards for both a female version and male version.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
That hadn't occurred to me, Carmen! I'd love to try. I turn human faces into animal faces all the time. Doing it in reverse could be interesting. ;-)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'll second NapalmArsenal on all three! A sphinx, centaur and griffin would be a dream come true! :inlove:

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Something else occurs to me... no 3d model of a cat I've ever seen includes the "Henry's Pocket" of the cat's ear. Would it be possible to include this with the HiveWire Kitty? For some reason, everyone always models cat ears as these amorphous triangles. I'd love to see a cat model that includes this basic anatomical feature.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow! What a piece of funk that is huh? Will definitely have to add that to our House cat plans.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Big cats have them, too, they're just easier to see on a housecat because they've got less hair on their ears. ;-)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sparky's right the big boys have them also!! You can better see them in sleek haired big cats like the cougar, cheetah, and the serval. That'a a good call and would really push the model over the top!

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks! They do rather draw you in. Kind of prismatic.

Buzz has the strangest eyes. They have three different colors of orange. Dark deep orange on the outer edge, a golden pumpkin color, and then a yellow orange splash right next to the pupil.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sparky's right the big boys have them also!! You can better see them in sleek haired big cats like the cougar, cheetah, and the serval. That'a a good call and would really push the model over the top!

Cool. I'm on it!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks! They do rather draw you in. Kind of prismatic.
Buzz has the strangest eyes. They have three different colors of orange. Dark deep orange on the outer edge, a golden pumpkin color, and then a yellow orange splash right next to the pupil.
My Chloe cat's eyes are kind of an orangey yellow on the edge, then greenish yellow with green around the pupil (oh and they change to black when she's about to rip your hand off :p)

Wow Carmen, that first one is awesome (but is more an anthro Sphinx, the body is more humanoid). I'm in love with the front legs on the last one!

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
@Chris, Awesome! ;-)

@carmen indorato I really like the first and last images, but I'm not sure the human shoulders can be achieved on the big cat mesh. I'll see what happens when I have the mesh to play with. ^.^