• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3d Humanoids blender addon

DigiDotz

Adventurous
There is a free version of zero brush but it installs with"blender Sensie" addon -a user interface /workspace enhancement - which confuses me a little, being used to Blender's normal look and layout.
I am going to buy the full version ( still a blender addon) which doesnt need the Blender Sensie thing although the free version is stilll pretty great.

Darryl

Adventurous
This is all good stuff. There are numerous add ons to make Blender into what you may want it to be.

One concern though. After using the free Wordpress for many years, I've found that many plug ins I came to rely on didn't make the cut to upgraded versions. Had to decide between upgrading or retaining functionality. I hope that doesn't happen to Blender in that we come to rely on add ons by individuals that may or may not continue to develop their products.

I'm also seeing a marketplace develop around an open source software. Where things may have been given away for free in the past in the spirit of community, now folks want to be paid. No crime. Perfectly understandable. Reminds me though of the history of the Poserverse where the marketplace now tends to dominate the software, though freebies still exist. Hope that doesn't happen to Blender (or maybe I do).

Just a thought, not an indictment or gripe.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
A good thing about blender is you can download all previous versions as standalone versions -so still keep your current installation. Handy for addons that dont work in newer Blender versions.

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads-up, <code>.

That new Auto-Modeling looks awesome. From just the image on that page I wasn't impressed, but then I watched the video - revelationary. No more spending hours to get custom sculpted results.

Darryl

Adventurous
A lot of crazy suff going here (about 1.6 dev)

I like the fact that he's exploring different approaches to the figure than what we've gotten used to in the Poserverse. I don't know how many of his ideas are standard in the broader 3D community.