• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
When I looked outside after resting I discovered that our driveway had been completely cleared and a bunch of guys in the neighborhood shoveled and cleared places to walk. The help was given before we even had time to ask :) So, we're doing just fine here...and of course, there's not a thing that I want bad enough to go out in the cold.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
See now, I didn't think it was that cold, but then again, there was hardly any wind at all here today, compared to the 45mph gusts we had for over 24 hours during the storm.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes, at least things are not blowing all over the place, and the temps are at least trying to return to normal. I went out for a little while early this morning and took a few more videos of the snow, before the sun began melting it, and it was very cold, and still a little gusty then....but while I was resting I think it made it at least to the mid 30's, so my car has begun to have windows peeking out, but still has a huge mound on top of it.

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, they are very good to us. I was thinking about it this morning, when I was young, still in high school, we still lived in the country then, and we'd take our two tractors and go about the neighborhood clearing driveways. That blade attachment was mighty handy. Wish I'd had that old thing when we moved to the city and I had to deal with getting to work in snow....wouldn't that be a sight, pulling into the parking deck on that thing....hahaha. But, I never knew a snow drift that it couldn't handle, so I imagine I would have had people thumbing a ride just to get to work safely. Anyway, you sorta reap what you sow I guess....now someone is clearing our driveway for us :)

skylab

Esteemed
Funny, it didn't seem like "work" at the time...it was all a part of having fun and playing in the snow, like those kids sliding down the art museum steps....it just happened to be fun that was helping others in the neighborhood.

skylab

Esteemed
Back then I would've driven that thing through NYC, if they needed snow moved...was always bold with anything with a motor...got that from Dad :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can remember many years ago when we had a major blizzard, the then Mayor asked the Buffalo Mayor to send down a lot of snowplows and drivers, because they were known for dealing with these situations. They taught our Sanitation Dept. a lot of tricks that year.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can remember many years ago when we had a major blizzard, the then Mayor asked the Buffalo Mayor to send down a lot of snowplows and drivers, because they were known for dealing with these situations. They taught our Sanitation Dept. a lot of tricks that year.

LOL! Buffalo definitely would know! But you know what? Another good choice would have been the Oswego DPW... Buffalo has the reputation for the snow (and yes, they do get dumped on most winters), but Oswego's snowfall usually out-does Buffalo even on a "light" winter season! :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
That I've never heard before. Interesting. We're pretty good at it now, but back then it was a disaster.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey, if anybody likes using M4 or V4, there's a big, today-only sale at DAZ...I just noticed it in my email. Some Neftis hair is around $3.00, worth a look :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yup, I picked up 2 SWAM/goldtassel hairs for $7 and change. Not bad at all. :D

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, when I saw Neftis hair that reasonable, it went in the cart....I'm looking around now. I was just searching recently for decent eye textures, and they have those on sale too.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep... I use Gen4 skins a lot on my characters... mainly because they were the last set of skins for Daz figure lines that were properly detailed and weren't all made to be china doll smooth. So you can bet I grabbed up some of the cheap skins. LOL

Grabbed a few hairs... some add-on textures to clothing models I own (and use frequently) and one or two of the outfits that I've had wishlisted for a long time.

The funny thing is that while I definitely do still use my Gen4's, the skins and clothing more often ends up used on Genesis 1's or G2's... LOL

skylab

Esteemed
Same here....when I purchase M4 stuff now, I'm also considering refitting it for numerous other characters, so it's more bang for the buck. I'm downloading what I selected now....like you, I found all sorts of things that I could use. When the sale said M4 and V4, I got excited and thought perhaps others would want to be aware, since it was one day only....74% off is a rare deal.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I know, and the 2 hairs I got, I got for use with Dawn. Joe (Netherworks) Hair Conversion System has really come in handy the past couple of years.

Now if he would do an addon for Dusk like he did for Dawn, I'll have lots of M4 hair I can convert for Dusk. ;)