• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Horse Tail Posing Issues

TaishoBee

Adventurous
So no matter how I try to pose the horse, the tail gives me this awful, shelf like break or worse. I've tried everything I know to try and fix this and can't. Sometimes, the horse's legs do the same thing. I am using limits as the pose packs say to do, too. It does this when posed by hand too. I've tried posing via the body of the horse and the tail itself.

Totally different scenes attached. Anyone who can help me will be very much appreciated and worshiped by my Poser muse forever.

I use Poser Pro 11, it is up to date.

I'm only including pictures of the tail, since the hoof/leg issue is less frequent.

Tail1.jpg Tail2.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I had this problem with the mane yesterday when attempting to use a purchased pose on the horse. The mane shot straight up and would not pose no matter what I did.

I resolved it by deleting the mane and reloading it. Then, once I applied the pose it worked fine.

The only time I experience this is when I load the "Load All" horse instead of loading each piece separately with drag and drop.

PP11, Windows7

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I had this problem with the mane yesterday when attempting to use a purchased pose on the horse. The mane shot straight up and would not pose no matter what I did.

I resolved it by deleting the mane and reloading it. Then, once I applied the pose it worked fine.

The only time I experience this is when I load the "Load All" horse instead of loading each piece separately with drag and drop.

PP11, Windows7

I've tried both, the horse by itself and then loading the tail, and the load all. No luck. I'm on Windows 10.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Not sure what to say, but I suggest you check these parameter settings on the Properties tab......turn them on and off one at a time to see what works and what doesn't. (The image is PP14, but PP11 is the same with a couple more options)

ParametersProperties.jpg

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I recall a previous thread about this issue, with lots of suggestions and, I think, a solution that worked for everybody. Currently I can't FIND it, however. I'll keep looking, unless someone else beats me to it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...there was a thread. Also if I remember correctly Laurie has a video somewhere on how to pose the mane and tail...or is it just the mane?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I seem to remember that video too, and I think it did cover both the mane and tail. Can't recall where that video is though.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I'll be so grateful if one of you can find it! I've been dealing with this forever and I had thought I saw that same thread but it seems to have poofed.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Flint! Yes the video is mainly about the mane:) but the tail in general works the same way as in it needs to be selected under Actor->Horse and the morphs applied there etc. But in your screen shots it looks like you are doing that. Hmm..all I can say is anytime I have had weirdness I delete the offending figure and load a new one- also try using the Zero Tail Pose on it - Horse should be selected even though you are resetting the tail. And yes Limits On- though I always break that rule myself:)

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Thanks Flint! Yes the video is mainly about the mane:) but the tail in general works the same way as in it needs to be selected under Actor->Horse and the morphs applied there etc. But in your screen shots it looks like you are doing that. Hmm..all I can say is anytime I have had weirdness I delete the offending figure and load a new one- also try using the Zero Tail Pose on it - Horse should be selected even though you are resetting the tail. And yes Limits On- though I always break that rule myself:)

I have done these things, I don't know why it isn't working. I absolutely love the replies though and won't stop trying.. I still can't use Whisper.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmm... when I hit a dead-end like that I tend to go back and totally reinstall a product by hand.. Drag I know but that usually does the trick for me.

Keep letting us know how it goes! We'll all get it sorted out for you!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's what happened to me with the western tack CWRW, must have been installing. After deleting it all and reloading it was fine.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That's what happened to me with the western tack CWRW, must have been installing. After deleting it all and reloading it was fine.

Yup that pretty much always works for me. I pretty much always manually install ALL products from ANY store these days anyway. I find I have a lot less trouble with anything if I do that.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I pretty much always manually install ALL products from ANY store these days anyway. I find I have a lot less trouble with anything if I do that.

:yeahthat: