• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The render improvements in DS iRAY with the newest release are AMAZINGLY FAST! OMG! :geek:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Here is my PSD file showing the PNG PR rendered image and all the layers which I used Ron's brushes to get the finished image.

Hope this helps :)

upload_2017-6-26_13-28-25.png

quietrob

Extraordinary
lol, thanks and sorry for the acronyms :geek:

PR = Photo Realistic

NPR = Non Photo Realistic

PNG = file format of image

PSE14 = Photoshop Elements 14

In Carrara you can render in different formats - PR NPR etc....

Thanks Stezza! I had no idea Carrara could do that.
NPR, I always thought was National Public Radio (Run by liberals who want progress and other silly things like clean air and water)
PR, I expected to see Kelly Ann Conway nearby. (Another American inside joke)
PNG. Better known as our best friend due to the transparency layer.
PSE14. See your email...but bottom line yes...Get Gimp, get a subscription toAdobe, Filter Forge, Something! Post work is essential! Thank you for showing us some of your work flow. 13 Layers is no joke and sometimes quite necessary.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I was looking for that character by Maddelerium, but couldn't find it? Her name is Air?

They come in two sets Miss B, Earth and Air and Fire and Water. The character is the same in each set with Maddielirium's amazing texture work for loads of options! My bad for not making that clear in the image credits!:)

Last edited:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
A lot of good work in here. This is a WIP I'm doing for my ZBrush class when it resumes in September. We all got an envelope each with a caricature inside of famous people. I got Bruce Willis picture, art by Jon Moss. I would have preferred Donald Trump, but someone else got that one. I have most of it done, just the shirt and strap to do, and texturing of the face. Started out as a sphere, dynameshed and pulled it out, then sculpted. It's my first proper character sculpt. Here is where it's at now, with the reference picture in the background.

bruce.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
They come in two sets Miss B, Earth and Air and Fire and Water. The character is the same in each set with Maddielirium's amazing texture work for loads of options! My bad for not making that clear in the image credits!:)
Ohhhhh, I was looking for a character named Air. Gotcha, and I'll check those out. ;)