• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Brace yourself Ken! I'll be praying everything will be okay!
While we're only about 25-30 mi from the beaches, we are protected by two small mountain ranges, so apart from a lot of rain, we should be okay. Also, we're use to our infamous Santa Ana winds (which gust 40-100+ mph here), so we'll just batten down the hatches. The reason for me even posting this here is because its so unexpected for our area and neighbors/friends had no idea its coming so I thought I'd alert the SoCal people that frequent this thread.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It's an El Nino. A tropical storm is perfectly in character. We've had them off and on over the years, but they rarely make landfall.

I had to go downtown for a doctor appointment yesterday. First time I'd been outside this week. There were enormous flat-bottomed, puffy white clouds to the north. Maybe over the valley, maybe farther up towards the grapevine.

It would have been warm but reasonably comfortable indoors. Outdoors it was at the far edge of comfortable, and humid as all get out. Weather to melt in if you had to do anything strenuous.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
we've had about ten 1 in 100 events in the past year and a couple of 1 in 1,000 year events to top them off....

never a dull moment in these climactic days of mayhem.... a saying here during a windy event is that it's strong enough to blow a brown dog off it's chain...
well, unbelievably on one such day you wouldn't believe it a brown dog was running down the street with the wind with a chain dangling behind it... I kid you not!
I'm just glad we don't have any volcanoes :flower02:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, well we had another storm last night, though different than the one we had on Sunday.

This time it didn't seem right overhead, but more like 1 or 2 blocks away, but very loud. It happened around 2:00am, and it started with pounding rain on the windows. The thunder didn't start right away, and when it did, it was more like a deep sound, rather than the high pitched thunder we had on Sunday. The storm, again, lasted about 1/2 hour though the thunder, and the pouring rain, didn't last continuously the whole time. As far as lightning goes, I only saw it twice, and it wasn't nearly as bright as last time, so I guess you could say this storm was much calmer than Sunday's.

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, it's getting scary, now!

Today (Friday) there was a tornado in Stoughton, MA. Another in Mansfield and No. Attleboro (sounds like that may have been the same one hitting both). Another in Weymouth. And an F2 in Johnston, RI! All in one day! :oops:

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The edge of Hillary (which still a Cat 1 and in northern Baja at last check) just arrived... raining pretty hard here (3/4" per hour). Being sandwiched between the Verdugo and San Gabriel mountains ranges we tend to get quite a bit more rain than Los Angeles proper. Starting a noon to late afternoon, there's something I've never seen before in our forecast... squalls. Don't you have to be a sea for those?

Added: Looking up the definition for a squall, it's an extremely heavy, but short, band of rain.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Here in inner city we have a lovely rainy Sunday. So far. No significant wind at ground level yet. But give it time...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Like I say it was not much of one. It went on shivering for a while afterwards, so it had been traveling for a while. I'd probably not have felt it as much if I'd been on the ground floor.